Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #1 
megaredize

Arrow Have you heard of this food... ?

I was browsing online for betta food because the only one I can get locally is HBH or bettamin which i refuse to use. So i currently feed the HBH and freeze dried bloodworms as a treat. but I found this its called Xtreme Betta PeeWee its a pellet. They say its really slow sinking so betta has time on surface for consumption. Heres a link to it http://www.petland.ca/fish/fish-food...ee-0-6-oz.html

here are the ingredients they look good. the only thing that struck out to me is the green pea because people say not to feed that to bettas since they are strictly carnivors. But theres no gluten

Krill Meal, Herring Meal, Green Pea, Fish Meal, Shrimp Meal, Squid Meal, Rice Meal, Spirulina blue-green algae, Brewers Dried Yeast, Paprika, Lecithin, Marigold Extract, Fish Oil, ,Salt, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, di-Alph Tocopheryl Acetate(Vitamin E Supplement), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Niacin, Caldium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex(source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Canthaxanthin, Astaxanthin, Beta Carotene
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #2 
Kenny G

I never heard of the stuff but after doing some research online I see amazon.com sells it. It received 4 out of 5 stars but only 1 person reviewed it. He is the link http://www.amazon.com/Xtreme-Aquatic...owViewpoints=0
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #3 
vilmarisv

If you're buying online, check out New Life Spectrum foods.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

+1 to NLS!!! :)
I disagree with the Green Pea. There's a lot of Pea in there if it's in the 1st ingredients. New Life has NO wheat gluten, and has been researched by a member here and seems to be the best! If you can't get NLS, the other qualities are Omega One and Attisons Betta Pro.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #5 
megaredize

ya im going to order the omega one pellet, but i saw this and thought maybe i should get both so they have a variety in their diets. this one doesnt have the wheat gluten either.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #6 
megaredize

ill probably just find a good website that sells the NLS because i just looked up the omega one and it does contain wheat gluten
Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

This food looks decent, but I also disagree with the green pea. I don't think it should be such a big part of a betta's daily diet.

EDIT: I also recommend NLS :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #8 
Kenny G

NLS may be good but it sinks and thats a deal breaker for me. My betta's will not eat any food as it falls to the ground or hits the ground. They are very pick crumb snatchers lol. Thats why I stick with the HBH floating micro pellets. Plus their color has become extremely vibrant on the HBH.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
NLS may be good but it sinks and thats a deal breaker for me. My betta's will not eat any food as it falls to the ground or hits the ground. They are very pick crumb snatchers lol. Thats why I stick with the HBH floating micro pellets. Plus their color has become extremely vibrant on the HBH.
Have you ever tried NLS? I use it and it never sinks for me...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #10 
lilyrazen

This thread got me looking through MY foods and I realized I'm feeding the worst food. It was a gift, but Aqueon betta food kinda... Sucks. NLS sounds great though!
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote