Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #1 
twinjupiter

Went in for a new betta girl...

and came out with two Aeneus Corydoras and a second Julii Corydora..?

ಠ_ಠ

Wait, that can't be right..

But seriously, ever since Andromeda died I have really missed that great big flash of red in the sorority. So today I decided that I would look for a replacement girl. Thanks to you guys, my standards are really high, so instead I came home with three tiny corydoras, two aeneus and one julii.
Got them home and acclimated. They are so tiny, cute and sooo social! as soon as they got into the tank they found my original corydoras and are now shadowing them all over the tank :D

And of course, pictures.
Its like they love to cuddle!

The Julii corydora kept trying to rest on top of one of the Pandas.

And of course, some pictures of the girls, since they kept photo bombing the corydora photoshoot.
"MOM MOM MOM MOM"

"HEYHEYHEYHEY Take a picture of meeeeee!"-Celeste

"HEYYYYYY Whatcha doooooing? -Ashling

Oh, and the Amano Shrimp are preggers
twinjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

They are all adorable !!! Ashling looks alot like my male blue Betta, does she have lighter blue lips too ? Best wishes for you and your new fish !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #3 
CandiceMM

Love that you can get all those ladies to get along without tantrums lol! Beautiful girls BTW!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #4 
twinjupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
They are all adorable !!! Ashling looks alot like my male blue Betta, does she have lighter blue lips too ? Best wishes for you and your new fish !
Thank you!
Ashling does not have lipstick. She appears nearly black, but she has dark red fins and a dark blue flash.
You can really only see Ashling's color when the flash is on:

Persephone, on the other hand, has flaming peacock blue lipstick.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #5 
twinjupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Love that you can get all those ladies to get along without tantrums lol! Beautiful girls BTW!!
Thank you!!
It's a lot of work introducing new girls to the tank. I usually keep them in a breeder (one of the hard plastic ones) for a good few days before releasing them into the tank. That way the girls can flare and spat all they want without doing any serious damage.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #6 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinjupiter View Post
Thank you!!
It's a lot of work introducing new girls to the tank. I usually keep them in a breeder (one of the hard plastic ones) for a good few days before releasing them into the tank. That way the girls can flare and spat all they want without doing any serious damage.
That is a great idea, well your lucky to have girls that get along after introductions. I would love a female Betta community tank. Looks great!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #7 
Sapphoira

Your Persephone has AMAAAZING lips! So cute! She's ready to hit up some hip alien bar or something :P
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #8 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Aww cute cories!
Hate to rain on the parade but the amano shrimp larvae will only survive in salt water. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #9 
twinjupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Aww cute cories!
Hate to rain on the parade but the amano shrimp larvae will only survive in salt water. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh I know. The full rearing process is rather complicated. To get the eggs to hatch I'd have to move them to a separate 10gal with brackish water and then keep them in different degrees of brackish water as they develop, then bring them gradually back to fresh water again.
I do have an empty 10gal sitting around, so I might attempt raising them.
But I like simple, so I think I'll just make it a planted shrimp tank and get a bunch of Cherries, Crystals, and some of those yellow, orange and blue ones I keep seeing on Aquabid...