Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #1 
magnum

Magnums Rant Thread.

Needed a place just to store my thoughts, so I though, yeah, why not here?

I may as well start by saying that I am already stressed out about school! Yes, goodbye relaxing school holidays! I have my bf and my little fishy's that always make me feel better though.

Speaking of fish, I finally got to go to Fishchick Aquatics! For those of you who might not know who owns it, it's Jodi-Lea Matheson, who is the Australian transhipper for AB. I got some Java Fern, Java Moss and IAL along with some tiny snail, which I didn't see until I had put the plants in. Sneaky thing must've been hiding.

The fish there were so beautiful! My mum promised that if I get my learners lisence first go, I can get any fish I want from their, so Ill be studying like mad!

Magnum
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #2 
Lost Eventide

That's an awesome promise! Lol, though I don't know what I'd ask for if my mom made me the same one xD Probably more Rummynoses. I love those guys and I need to build up my school.

It's too early to be stressed about school though! You need to go through that stage where you're excited about going back, only to realize one or two months in you were supposed to be stressed xD
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #3 
magnum

I was like to my mum, that is a definite promise! Your not changing your mind. She also then said that if I get a B in maths I can either get another fish or get stuff for my tanks. Smart woman, now I'm going to actually have to listen in math.

I know, I know, stressing is bad. But I'm one of those people who stress about assignments get them and do them and be like, 'that was easy'. Unless it's math. Math is my worst enemy.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #4 
magnum

Went to my Grandmother's grave today, as today was her birthday. I'm hoping she celebrated up in heaven (or where ever you go when your are dead!).

I also popped into my LCPS (Local Chain Pet Store) to look at their betta's. The gorgeous yellow CT is still there, even though he's lost a great deal of colour. My LCPS is quite good with their Betta care though, they have cubes with a drip going into it, and gravel and some of them even have plastic plants.

As for my other LCPS, I can say I am utterly disgusted. The betta's live in medium sized bowls, but that's were the good-will of this pet store stops. The fish are lying in their own waste, covered in finrot and so forth. I can't bear to see people treat animals like that. Most of them were bloated as well, because the owner fed them all 6 bloodworms per meal.

Anyhow, I'm on the lookout for a new HMPK!

Magnum.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #5 
Aus

Save your $ for one from Jodi-Lea! I'd for sure buy my bettas from her, if I was local.

I hate seeing manky bettas in stores, too.. it's offensive on about every level, for me. Aside from the poor fish.. where's the pride in their business? I think stores are pretty much responsible for the bad deal bettas get in homes, too.. annnyway.. (I could rant all day about that, lol)..

It was nice of you to visit your grandma on her birthday. I'm sure she must be somewhere nice, enjoying herself.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #6 
magnum

Ahh, I plan to get a little HMPK male that I seen at Jodi-Leas place on Saturday! My mum never regulated a price ;)

As for the manky betta's I really hate seeing them. My eyes start watering and I just feel so angry. I can't put in complaints though, cause I'm applying for a job there, so hopefully I'll be allowed to look after the betta's!

My Grandmother sure as heck will be. She only died a few weeks ago, so it's still a little bit of a tender subject for my dad (son) so I tend not to mention it.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM   #7 
magnum

Wow, my photography teacher has to be pretty awesome! He brang me an old heater that he had lying around that had formely been lying around in his garage. It's a Sera Heater, I'm not sure how good they are, but I'm still super grateful!.

As for my 'deal' with my mum, I'm super worried I won't pass the test! I've even picked out two fish's that I'm interested. I guess I'm just getting a tad ahead of myself here, but oh well xD
Old 07-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #8 
magnum

Yay! The IAL has encouraged both Stu and Spike to make some fab looking bubblenests, and Ace has totally un-clamped and his colours are getting better as well. The heater is working its magic.

As for my inspections of two pet stores today, and a trip to the RSPCA, I was quite angry, but first, on the lighter note, the RSPCA tanks are fantastic! They had 4 CT's all in 13.5L tanks with heaters and filters. Some where in community tanks as well. As for another petstore, I wanted to scoop up all the betta's and run for it. They were on sale for 5.95 and thankfully there were only 4 left, but they were all in appaling state. Dirty water, clamped and fin rot. I am so sick and tired of seeing this, I'm thinking its about time the betta community banded together to help these poor fish.

As for my deal with my mum, my learners test is this week, If I don't get it, I think I might just cry.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #9 
magnum

Yay! Got my learners! :3 can't wait to get my fishy! Not sure if I can get a show standard, but any fish is fine for me. Although, I might have to get him/her after I come back from camp next week. Yes, I have school camp

My room-mates (four rooms per cabin) and I have decided to play pranks on the girls in the room next to us. They are those types with the horrible bad tan, actually so bad, I'm pretty sure the majority of the school thinks there a walking desert. And, since there more than likely to hog the bathroom, we have decided since one of them has a morbid fear of spiders, to stick a plastic spider to the wall in the bathroom in our cabin. If anyone also has any other suggestions as to pranks, please say!

Magnum.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #10 
magnum

Ahhh, finally made a post from returning from camp! It was amazing. I am seriously considering joining scouts now because I enjoyed the activities so much xD

As for the betta world... I FOUND AN AMAZING HMPK! he's black with red and he has fairly good form. Just have to hope he's there in a week or two, as my mum is still owing me on the bet we made. I honestly hope he stays, I have fallen so much in love with him after watching his youtube video a million times. I must have a strange betta addiction.

As for my tree stooges they are coming along really well. Ace's fin is healing up nicley from a big chunk that was missing and he's really starting to show his purple colour under the light... Definitley need to put a pic up of that somewhere on here. As for now, heres a picture of me and my twin at camp!
(Im in the red!)