Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #11 
SDragon

I have always wanted a twin. You are lucky! I hope you get your fish. He sounds pretty.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #12 
magnum

Why thank you! Having a twin is amazing, it's like having a sister who is your best friend.

He is amazing! I hope he's still there though, I would hate to miss out on him, I've literally been dying for a HMPK since I seen the tail type.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #13 
Aus

You and your sister are just adorable (which isn't a creepy thing to say! - I'm a Mum, rofl!) What a nice picture of you both.

Good luck with getting the HMPK! He sounds wonderful. :) I will insist on pictures, ofc. I really like black & red fish. If I didn't have a full quota, I'd be on the hunt for a new plakat myself.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #14 
SDragon

Sounds fun. Unfortunetly I have 3 brothers haha. I will be crossing my fingers for you.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #15 
magnum

As for my little HMPK, not sure if he's still in store now. I hope he is! My mum and I came on agreement that after we get the roof painted, I'll get my new little buddy!

Thanks Aus! I love having a twin, its amazing! Espically when you say things at the same time and people stare at you like your some mental case!

As for my current little fishys....

All of them are doing swimmingly (see what I did there? ) and its amazing to watch there growth especially Ace's, who was small, clamped and cold when I got him. Now, he is a little man! He goes physco whenever I wave the food packet at him, I'm afraid he'll jump the divider and end up in Stu's side he gets that excited.

I never realised before now what a joy this little critters could be. I watch my fish all the time and just last night, I realised how wonderful they really are and how much they teach you, just by being there fishy little selves. I'd also like to say to all of you, that I've progressed so much in the care of my betta's just by getting your advice your knowledge and making friends here. Thanks guys!

As for now, I'll leave you guys with a picture of my new fangirl squee object, Jon Snow off Game Of Thrones!

Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #16 
Aus

No way! Jon Snow is miiiine.

(well - he would be, if I could go back in time and be 20 again )

He's a fantastic character, though, isn't he? All of them are - the casting and character development are both incredible. Has to be one of my favourite TV show of all time. And I hear seasons 3 and 4 are in preparation already!
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #17 
magnum

*Eyes Aus* I'll fight you for him! Hahaha, GoT is the best! I told my media teacher today that it was my dream to be part of the production team for it when it comes to it's ninth season or so. He just laughed. As for that, he's also trying to get me a work experience at Channel Ten! Yay! This way I can have some more money for my little guys.

As for fishkeeping, I think I might ask my friend who owns Goldfish weather she wants to go to Jodi's store on the weekend, I've been trying to convince her to get into the natural plants range. I can't wait until my entire tank is natural. In fact, I just love the thought of all those amazing aquascapes with beautiful betta's....
Old 09-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #18 
magnum

Had a great weekend! My mum took me back to Jodi-Leas aquatics store as a surprise, but my little black and red HMPK had been sold, so I'm waiting for there next shipment to come in! Then in the afternoon I went to a dog adoption centre, and seen the cutest Australian Cattle Dog, although, we arn't getting a dog until we move house.

As for today, we went to the pound and I went and inspected there Betta section. They probably have some of the best setups for just a few singular betta's than any other petstore I've seen.

On a less happy note, I woke up this morning to look at Spikes damaged tail. It's missing a giant chunk, and I have no idea were its gone. I looked on the bottom of the tank to see if it had floated there, or been ripped, but i'm starting to think it may be a tail-bite. I'm going to do a 100% water change to stop it getting fin rot as I've run out of stress coat and I'm wary of putting in any betta medication, as I've heard they can actually kill betta's.

Magnum.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #19 
teeneythebetta

Oh no! Does have hiding spots?
If you don't have any high light plants in there, maybe try keeping the tank light off, they tend to relax more in darkness.

As for medications killing bettas, the medications ending in -fix(bettafix, melafix,etc) contain a tree oil known to damage their organs if that's what you're talking about.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:52 AM   #20 
magnum

At the moment, Spike only has two fake plants and Java Moss in his divided section of the tank. I'm going to the petstore this week, so I might be able to pick up some more of deco or stones/wood. I just turned my light off, as I only have Java moss/fern in the tanks.

I'll have to go and see if any of the LPS have any medications without 'fix' in them. I've heard that AQ and Stress Coat help, and may be better to put in than any other medication?