Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #1 
kellyyoungmoney

heater + swim bladder?

i bought a fish yesterday with severe SBD and major fin rot. i didnt have anything to put him in besides a 1/2 gal kritter keeper. it may not even be 1/2 a gallon. this is what it looks like:

i dont have a spare heater laying around so my question is, can i put a heater from one of my other boys' tanks and put it in with him? Trigger, my delta, went about 6 months without a heater and did fine. this would only be temporary until the fish got noticeably better or i was able to get a new heater. and my house is kept very cold so the water is around low 70's.

these are the 2 heaters that i have that im contemplating using:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-Heater-1-ct/10291808 (50w)

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...3B+Accessories (25w)

and as if im not already writing a novel, i was also curious what to do with this sick boy while i go to the beach all next week. (leaving tomorrow, coming back next sunday) i have my mom to feed the rest of my fish but she has no idea how to clean out his bowl properly. the beach were going to is about a 3 1/2 hr drive so would it be worth it to take him or would that stress him out too much?
kellyyoungmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #2 
KevinPham123

I recommend not taking him to the beach. Stress may be lethal. Better to purchase a heater as the warmth will allow healing faster. Too cold water will stress the fish also and lead to further problems. Just my advice :D
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote