Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #1 
Made2party

Thumbs up Leaf Hammocks for betta fish!!!!

I recommend Leaf Hammocks for your betta :) Mine loves it and i just got it yesterday and catch him laying on it a lot! His favorite part is the suction cup he likes to lay on it side ways. I made mine a little bit sideways so he could lay up against the wall of his tank :)
I have read a lot of good reviews and i recommend them you can get the at your local Petsmart for 3.99 + Tax
Made2party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #2 
LizzyP

Sometimes betta hammocks are made with metal wiring and can become exposed. If that's the case then the metals can be harmful to your fish and tank.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #3 
Made2party

yes it is good to replace them if they start rusting maybe every month or 2
Old 07-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #4 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made2party View Post
I recommend Leaf Hammocks for your betta :) Mine loves it and i just got it yesterday and catch him laying on it a lot! His favorite part is the suction cup he likes to lay on it side ways. I made mine a little bit sideways so he could lay up against the wall of his tank :)
I have read a lot of good reviews and i recommend them you can get the at your local Petsmart for 3.99 + Tax
That color just about made my eyes bleed. Anywho, I keep trying to get my bettas to like their leaf hammocks but they just aren't having it. I DIY'd my hammocks, because I've had them rust before! I took the metal piece out, and used a piece of stiff plastic from an ornament that had "grass" glued on (since I ripped it all off for being sharp...) and I kind of sewed it in to the remaining leaf. Worked like a charm, and no metal!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #5 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyP View Post
Sometimes betta hammocks are made with metal wiring and can become exposed. If that's the case then the metals can be harmful to your fish and tank.
happened to me. I used a medication, and it turned the suction cup a different color, and then it started to rust. My betta didn't really seem to be interested in it either. But hey, everybody's different. Atleast mine wasn't harmful
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

You could just take the wire out. I did. ^^ There was a member here that their Betta got killed by the wire. Just take it out. Lebron sometimes uses it. I need to make it go higher a bit, though.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #7 
Twilight Storm

I haven't had any issues with my hammocks yet and i've had them a long time.

Everyone brings up important points though just keep an eye on how they are holding up each time you do water changes and feed him and it should be fine.

Glad your betta loves his hammock. :D I love watching them recline on stuff.

I agree too the bright blue text is hard on the eyes ;) I like it as a color, but it's mean to the eyes in text. :D (so is yellow imo)

Anyhow you should try to get a picture of him laying in it. All my guys wake up and start wiggling too fast when they see me to snap one. :D
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #8 
Made2party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Storm View Post
I haven't had any issues with my hammocks yet and i've had them a long time.

Everyone brings up important points though just keep an eye on how they are holding up each time you do water changes and feed him and it should be fine.

Glad your betta loves his hammock. :D I love watching them recline on stuff.

I agree too the bright blue text is hard on the eyes ;) I like it as a color, but it's mean to the eyes in text. :D (so is yellow imo)

Anyhow you should try to get a picture of him laying in it. All my guys wake up and start wiggling too fast when they see me to snap one. :D
I got a pic while my betta was passed out at like midnight so it was a little dark... then he woke up yo me and my friend talking i thin he was angry... Sorry Puddles
Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #9 
choob99

I only have one who likes the hammock all the others could care less about them, so i think it just depends on the personality
choob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #10 
Bettanewbie60

It's amazing how different they all are! The way they sleep, eat, play etc. Just like real children lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, good, hammock, petsmart