Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #1 
balloonmollies3

Betta Fish Breeding Newbie!

My crowntail betta fish, Reganold, has recently started making a bubble nest. It is very cool to watch but I do not currently own a female betta. I think it might be a cool experience to breed bettas. But I have bred other fish but never bettas, so I really need some help. Exactly how do you breed them together safely and any advice on this subject would really help. Thank you!
balloonmollies3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

You don't need to breed. It's just an instinct for them to make bubblenests when they're ready. Anyways, I have to ask a few questions. Are you willing to give plenty of time to Bettas? Do you have enough money? People sometimes use $150+ on their 1st spawn. Are you ready to cull? Do you have enough jars for males and aggressive females? Can you get proper breeding stock? As you can see, breeding takes a lot of time and commitment. You need to be ready and it's not a walk in the park. Good luck!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 
balloonmollies3

Okay so I don't have to breed although he is making a nest??? What do I do with the nest do I just continue letting him build it and then what?? Should I take it out? What happens when I need to clean his tank???
balloonmollies3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Yes, you don't need to breed. Let him continue building, it's an instinct. You don't have to take it out, it also means that he's marking his territory. It doesn't matter what you do to it. Clean the tank if you have to. He can make another one if he wants. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
You don't need to breed. It's just an instinct for them to make bubblenests when they're ready. Anyways, I have to ask a few questions. Are you willing to give plenty of time to Bettas? Do you have enough money? People sometimes use $150+ on their 1st spawn. Are you ready to cull? Do you have enough jars for males and aggressive females? Can you get proper breeding stock? As you can see, breeding takes a lot of time and commitment. You need to be ready and it's not a walk in the park. Good luck!
+1 breeding takes a lot of work, time and research. Of you don't know what you're doing you can end up Having them kill each other.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote