Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #1 
Bettanewbie60

Exclamation Never taking Buddy out of tank again!

So, today was time for Buddy's full water change. I don't normally do 100% on his tank, but I wanted to remove all the gravel I had originally put in there, and add the rest of the river stones I had for him. Buddy has always hated being cupped or netted, but I didn't have much trouble cupping him. I placed him in a spare 1g I have with about 3 inches of his water, and his log. I get done cleaning the tank of all the gravel, all his items back in...now to get him back into the cup. He started freakin'. The bowl I had placed him in is round so really tough to "trap" him into the cup..I managed to accidentally clip of the end of one of his fins, and now I noticed he has what looks like a small scrape on top of his head. I doubt I can get a pic of it. Will he be okay? He seems totally unaffected by all of this, me, not so much. From now on..only changes with him IN his tank, or staying in the plastic cup. sigh...I feel so badly for hurting him.
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #2 
Kenny G

He will be fine. Just add some stress coat in his water and keep him warm. Betta's are durable little creatures.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM   #3 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny G View Post
He will be fine. Just add some stress coat in his water and keep him warm. Betta's are durable little creatures.
Thanks Kenny...I don't have any stress coat, and can't afford it...but I'll watch him closely, and if need be I'll have a gallon of water ready with AQ salt. Sigh..I just feel so bad. He just wants more food lol! Oh, and our "cold" water from the tap is 84 degrees right now, so it's warm!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #4 
jeremywadejunior

I was gonna say use aquarium salt and it sounds like you already have that! I'm sure he'll be okay :)
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #5 
magnum

He should be fine! Just keep the water warm and clean. I've read that IAL helps with cuts/infections and so forth, so maybe you could add some? I'm sure your buddy will be fine!
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #6 
Bettanewbie60

Thanks everyone...I'll give him a day before I do a small water change and add some that has AQ in it...he seems totally fine. I'm just worried about infection. At least I know his tank/water is clean! sigh