Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #1 
MyBettaEmily

What is the best Tank for a Betta?

Hello, I recently bought two new male Betta fish. At PetsSmart I was told they would only need a small tank with a divider, however the more research I do I am showing that is just not the case. I would like a 5 gallon tank, but am wondering what are the best tanks from people who have Betta fish for awhile. Thanks!
MyBettaEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #2 
Kenny G

I have 2 Aqueon mini bow tanks for both of my betta's and I love them. Great filters always easy to find refills, and not to strong suction so my betta's never (so far Thank God) got pulled into them.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #3 
MyBettaEmily

Thanks Kenny!!! I was actually considering two tanks for them both. It only seems fair lol...
Old 07-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #4 
MyBettaEmily

The Tank I am intersted in has the Tetra Whisper Internal filtration, does anyone think that is a little too much for Bettas?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #5 
LittleWatty

The absolute perfect tank for a betta (in my opinion) is the Petco 6.6 gallon Bookshelf tank. Its long, not tall, and the filter has an adjustable flow.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I love my Hex 5 gallon Eclipse ..nice quiet filter motor and its not to strong for my Betta and I just really love the shape of it cause I can see all the way around it without having to move from my chair. Its sits on my table along with my laptop and it dosent take up to much space which is another plus ! Good luck with the tank shopping !

I ordered mine on line a week after I got my Betta and I was lucky it was on sale then for 35 dollar at Wag.com and you also get free 2 day shipping on orders over 49 dollars so I order some Betta food and a few decorations and got the free shipping. Also they have 15 percent off first time customers it sure saved me some money ! Enjoy your Bettas I just love these little guys they are awesome !

Last edited by Perseusmom; 07-21-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

I have the Top Fin (Petsmart brand) 5.5gal aquarium and I love it. I've had my betta in there for 7 months and he seems really happy. He has plenty of room to swim! If you are looking for a simple rectangular tank for a betta I recommend this one :).
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #8 
MyBettaEmily

I decided to go with the Aqueon 2.5 Gallon for both of my Betta fish. I got a 5 gallon first with a divider and somehow they ended up on the same side. The filter doesn't seem too harsh which is great. I am going to check out that website @Perseusmom, thanks to everyone for the great advice. I love these guys so much already!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #9 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWatty View Post
The absolute perfect tank for a betta (in my opinion) is the Petco 6.6 gallon Bookshelf tank. Its long, not tall, and the filter has an adjustable flow.
I have two of these 6.6 Petco bookshelf tanks and I love them, so do my bettas. I know they are plastic and scratch easier than glass, so it depends what you like as far as that, but I am not sorry I got those. My bettas seem very happy in those, and you can fit a lot of decor on the bottom since the space goes more across, not up and down. I also made baffles for the filters but you could just adjust the flow nob, or stick a tall plant near the filter, or other methods of blocking the flow.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #10 
MrVampire181

For me, its a 3 gallon or larger plastic Sterilite tub. They're shallow, hold a nice amount of water, can make excellent betta homes. I use them for breeding now a days and even growing bettas.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tanks