Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #11 
lilyrazen

I have been BEGGING for a 6.6 bookshelf for years.

I might ask for my birthday, in 3 1/2 months, because they are great tanks if you ever get another fish.

I know a girl who's going to have a crown tail in one of those by 2013...
lilyrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #12 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyrazen View Post
I have been BEGGING for a 6.6 bookshelf for years.
Maybe keep tabs on your local Petco sales because I bought 2 of them for around $50 each, then the next week they were on sale for $34.99!

Everything I buy goes on sale right after I buy it!
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 AM   #13 
Kenny G

@MyBettaEmily I personally like having my betta's in separate tanks. One of the main reasons is if one betta gets sick and they share the same water the other might get sick as well. Secondly you can treat a sick betta in his/her own tank where they are already comfortable. For me I have a tank in two different rooms.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Personally I wont keep Bettas in a divided tank its stressful on them make sure the tank is around 80 degress and weakly filtered.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #15 
Chrexis

I have 2 male bettas side by side in their 5.5 gallon tanks. They'll occasionally swim to the sides of their tanks, meet my VT will flare and the CT will just look at him like he's a weirdo and swim away. I guess I got lucky with mine not stressing out about having another male so close. But I will put a black binder in between the tanks while I am away just to make sure.
Chrexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #16 
PaintingPintos

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752730
Kritter Keepers!
I got mine from Petco, since it was the perfect size for my nightstand.
The one I got was 3 gallons, but I bet PetSmart has different sizes.
But pick what you want ^___^
Aaaand for a heater, this is great
I can't find the one I have (it's a flat, circular heater with a suction cup that I anchor under the gravel) but this is basically the same thing...
HOWEVER, if you go to Petco and go to the betta section, I can almost guarantee you'll find mine. It's still in stock at my Petco and it's a popular item.
http://www.petco.com/product/114078/...m-Heaters.aspx
This one is for 2-10 gallons. It's great.... mine is for 1-5 gallons. Since mine is 3 gallons it's perfect.

PetSmart has the same general things (also my heater, but I couldn't find it on the PetSmart website either) so good luck with your fishy!!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #17 
lelei

My first fishy went into a 3 gal Hawkeye, cylindrical tank, and yes, it was taller than longer, I have limited elongated space to work with, but he actually outgrew the 3 gal, so now he is in a 5 gal hex also and is enjoying it very much..now I have a rescue fishy, in th 3 gal, but in another month I am moving him into a 5 gal as well, so It depends on how you want to do it, and it depends on the space your limited too, in any case good Luck in choosing something that fits your, and your fishy's needs:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #18 
MyBettaEmily

@Kenny G and ChoclateBetta, yes, I learned the hard way that it is best to keep them in seperate tanks. My Betta Emily is just fine but the other Betta died last night. He tried to get past the divider and his fin got stuck, he seemed to be in shock after that because he wouldn't move from one spot in the tank. That was around midnight, and by 3 am he was gone )-: So now I have two tanks, one is smaller than the other. I purchased a Half Moon Betta today and he seems really happy in the big tank. Emily is very easy going but I still give her the same attention. I don't want to lose another fish.
MyBettaEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #19 
MyBettaEmily

@Painting Pintos thank you and everyone else for all the great info! This is only my 3rd day owning Bettas and you guts have been so helpful!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:47 PM   #20 
MyBettaEmily

Lol I meant guys*.....I hate autocorrect!

Tags
tanks