Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #21 
LittleWatty

Grabbed some Lifeguard "all in one" and Primafix. I don't want to have to use the Primafix, but I will if nothing else works. Would have looked for Tetra or Mardel Maracyn stuff, but Petco didn't have it, and I didn't want to have to drive for about an hour or so to get to Petsmart, only to see if they had it or not.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #22 
lvandert

fair enough. The lifeguard stuff should clear it up. just follow the directions and in about a wee he should be looking better
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #23 
LittleWatty

I'm hoping so. By the look of his poop, I'm worried he may have a double whammy of the fungus and internal parasites, but I really don't know. I'll stick with treating for the fungus for now.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #24 
LittleWatty

Just too little, too late, I guess. Found him upside down under the heater this morning, this time he really was gone. Not really having any luck with the healthy looking fish. I guess that Plakat is getting a full 10 gallon to himself once it cycles!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #25 
lvandert

aww I'm sorry! You tried everything you could for him.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #26 
LittleWatty

I'm pretty sure I just got to him too late. I feel terrible, because he was so gorgeous and healthy before I got him. I'm worried maybe I'm the reason he passed >.< I mean, he showed the same kind of symptoms my injured rescue HM did. Still... I suppose maybe its better than the alternatives. At least I gave him and the HM a fighting chance.

I cleaned the two tanks these fish were in as best as I could. Mild soap and rinsed over and over and over again, boiled water, then vinegar and hot water. One of them is now a quarantine for all the live plants that were in either tank. Any ideas how else I can make sure whatever was wrong with the fish isn't stuck to the plants somehow? Will it possibly just die off with no fish in the tank? Or, is not really a big deal?