Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #1 
pbloskas

Aqueo evolve aquarium

Hey all!
Well, my mini bow has developed a crack. :/ So it's time to upgrade! I want to get the aqueon evolve aquarium, but I can't decide on either the 2 gallon or the four. This would be going into an office, so desk space is tight. Any thoughts? Thanks!
pbloskas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #2 
MyBettaEmily

I have that same tank! Sorry to hear about your crack, good luck shopping.
MyBettaEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #3 
pbloskas

Do you have the Evolve 2? If so, do you think it is too small?
Old 07-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #4 
DiiQue

The 2 seems to be too small based on the dimensions. If you can fit it, go for the 4 (I went for the 8 myself, but it was for the house).

You can find videos of the 2 and 4 on youtube.. It will give you a better idea of their size, once fish are inside.

Last edited by DiiQue; 07-22-2012 at 01:24 AM.
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 AM   #5 
MSG

I would recommend the 4, I think you need to reward yourself with putting up with that crappy looking petco hex tank.

The extra size will enable you to introduce a few tank mates with your betta.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #6 
Lost Eventide

I would also go with the 4 if you have the room. Bigger is always better when possible, and I'm sure your betta would appreciate the extra room to stretch his fins.

Maybe get the footprint dimensions of both sizes and see which fits the best on your desk?

According to Amazon, the 2 gallon is 9 x 9 x 10 inches, and the 4 gallon is 10.5 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches, so it's not really a massive difference.
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #7 
pbloskas

Yeah, I'm going to Petco soon so I'll be able to see them in person. It doesn't sound like a huge upgrade, except maybe in price. The light socket fell off my current tank this morning (for no random reason), and hit my betta. I hope he'll be ok, but he's pale, and resting on the bottom. Sometimes I think he might be dead, it's that bad. Needless to say, I hate the death trap he's in now, and can't wait to upgrade.