Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #111 
bettasareawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by choob99 View Post
I quit looking at petco and petsmart coz i used to do the same thing, i just can't look at them at all anymore, although this is one of the worst cases i've seen at one of those stores before. Any ones elses Petco's selling "baby bettas"? Mine are all selling them now, they are probably less than a month old or right around a month, so no clue if they are males or females and no color to any of them, they have wording on them that say "get a baby and watch it grow up" this is so irresponsible of them
Yes, mine has. I know now it's a bad thing for them to be selling them that young but that's how I got mine.:) It wasn't until after I started searching about care for baby bettas that I found out how bad it was that they were selling them that young. But if they hadn't I wouldn't have ended up with my baby, Sushi. I know probably not the best name for a fish but I like it.:)
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #112 
bettasareawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Poor guy :(

This was my 1st rescue - from walmart.

a few months later:
You're guy transformed, that's amazing!
P.S. Candice M.M. love your knew avatar.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #113 
CandiceMM

Thanks everybody, I look forward to reading replies once I am off work. But woke up to a curious little Heart Breaker! He looks great. And I thought new avatar of him was appropriate! I'll be on after work ;)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #114 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Thanks everybody, I look forward to reading replies once I am off work. But woke up to a curious little Heart Breaker! He looks great. And I thought new avatar of him was appropriate! I'll be on after work ;)
Love the new avi & siggy. :')
I'm glad he is doing well... Have a good day at work!
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #115 
CandiceMM

Hi everybody!!! :D I am off work yeay! I just fed Heart Breaker some new frozen blood worms I picked up and he loved them!!! Trying to keep him on a high protein diet to get his immune system and fin running. How is everybody doing?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #116 
bettasareawesome

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinPham123 View Post
HOLY thats a major improvement. *thumbs up*

How much are bettas in the U.S? Im from Australia and just wanted to know out of curiosity. :)
usually bettas in stores can range from $2 to $20. But they can go up to hundreds of dollars. I've heard of some that are over $1000. But yay usually there only between $2 to $20
Old 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #117 
bettasareawesome

Hi CandiceMM. I'm doing fine. I was just looking at my betta. It's so cute watching him swim with his little fins. I need to pick up some type of protein food for my baby too. Currently I've just been feeding him crushed flakes cause he's to big for pellets.

P.S. How did you do that sort of collage of heart braker?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #118 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasareawesome View Post
Hi CandiceMM. I'm doing fine. I was just looking at my betta. It's so cute watching him swim with his little fins. I need to pick up some type of protein food for my baby too. Currently I've just been feeding him crushed flakes cause he's to big for pellets.

Some high protein foods for your baby would be omega one betta buffet pellets and new life spectrum betta pellets... I dont know of any high protein baby pellet formulas, so you may need to crush them if these are too big.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #119 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasareawesome View Post

Im glad your doing well and high protein and fatty foods for a juvenile would be good. You can get frozen blood worms or frozen brine shrimp and cut tiny amounts. Or they see micro pellets that are very tiny, or get dried blood worms and cut them into tiny pieces. Your baby would love it!!

I did it with an App on my iPhone. If you private message me some pics I would love to make one for you?
Old 07-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #120 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Im glad your doing well and high protein and fatty foods for a juvenile would be good. You can get frozen blood worms or frozen brine shrimp and cut tiny amounts. Or they see micro pellets that are very tiny, or get dried blood worms and cut them into tiny pieces. Your baby would love it!!

I did it with an App on my iPhone. If you private message me some pics I would love to make one for you?
Which app did you use?