Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #311 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
It sounds like a lovely idea! I hope I am not seen as a downer but I think it might be worth seeing just how many people would be interested before you start looking for a mate for little Heart Breaker. I know lots of people in this topic are interested (I would be too if I lived in the US) but as broods can contain upward of one hundred bettas (and because you don't know Heart Breaker's genetic history) it's critical you ensure you can provide homes for all of them I don't doubt your ability though! You most certainly have the will and the enthusiasm, I'm sure things will work out wonderfully! I wish you all the luck in the world and look forward to seeing where things go from here!
I agree 100%. I would never spawn just to spawn a Betta. I would never want to add to the thousands of unwanted Betta out there. I love the idea of bringing awareness to future or current Betta owners and possible giving the fry a great new home. All these are just fun ideas and I won't go through with it if it makes no sense or is unethical. Realistically if it did work out they would for sure be 100% pet quality seeing as I don't know his background of course. But I am excited to the fact that I could bring some awareness somehow.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #312 
LittleWatty

I can say I would definitely be interested. Its just a matter of having room for him! XD I've currently got 4 boys, and I might be getting another tomorrow, if he's still there. But, I'll be moving into a new apartment next year, so I'll have room for more :D
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #313 
SpookyTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
I agree 100%. I would never spawn just to spawn a Betta. I would never want to add to the thousands of unwanted Betta out there. I love the idea of bringing awareness to future or current Betta owners and possible giving the fry a great new home. All these are just fun ideas and I won't go through with it if it makes no sense or is unethical. Realistically if it did work out they would for sure be 100% pet quality seeing as I don't know his background of course. But I am excited to the fact that I could bring some awareness somehow.
That is awesome! I really do admire your courage (especially for standing up to the pet store!) and feel that your bettas story could bring a lot of awareness as well. While I can't help out directly from over here in England I am over there in spirit willing you on!
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #314 
bettasareawesome

CandiceMM If you do Spawn him I would love one of his fry he his amazing. I bet his fry would be too.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #315 
dramaqueen
Banned

Put me down for a Heart Breaker baby. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #316 
lillyandquigly

I would take one if I didn't ahve mine:) Also I plan on making a rescue later but good luck Candice!
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #317 
CandiceMM

You all know I would trust you the most so of course you all would be getting a heart breaker baby!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #318 
lillyandquigly

Candice, what medicines do you recommend having before you get a rescue? What care do they need?
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #319 
blueridge

Wow what a transformation! Keep up the good work!
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #320 
MistersMom

Bless his wittle soul D: your doing so well! keep it up!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote