Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #321 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
Candice, what medicines do you recommend having before you get a rescue? What care do they need?
Hi lilyandquigly, I'm no expert but if I were to start treatment on a fish that needed help I wouldn't start with any medicine first. I would start with a heated tank a bit on the warmer side, that is after he is acclimated to the heater. I would definitley use Stress Coat it helps restore a Betta's slimecoat that they loose due to illness or stress. A Betta under stress is more ceceptable to to different illnesses. I also would use either Epsom salt which is used for internal problems such as parasites, swim bladder disorder. I also use aquarium salt which helpswith torn fins and scales mostly external problems. Then if all that does not work you could go to medications that I actually know nothing about but you could find out about them in a different thread. Hope this helps a little.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #322 
inareverie85

You are seriously awesome.

That is all I wish to say ;)
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:36 AM   #323 
lillyandquigly

thanks Candice!
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #324 
BettaQi

*wiping tears from eyes*

I kept out of the thread until I felt he had recovered bc I am a wussy!

Thank you so much for saving h is life and giving us all inspiration!

You're super mommy!
BettaQi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:08 AM   #325 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaQi View Post
*wiping tears from eyes*

I kept out of the thread until I felt he had recovered bc I am a wussy!

Thank you so much for saving h is life and giving us all inspiration!

You're super mommy!
Thanks so much BettaQi, I have grown very attached to him. I can't wait until he grows out of his hospital tank and I can spoil him in a 5 gallon :)
Old 08-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #326 
Jessie1990

I have an empty 5 gallon that I would really like to put a rescue in... my bf is going to kill me. I had a dream last night that I started rescuing bettas and would heal them one at a time and put a poster up on my campus to adopt them out when they were ready (Because ppl love bettas for their dorm) But the requirement to adopt was a 2.5 gal/heated, Kind of like what that lady did for her pitbulls when she adopted them out on that animal planet show :P But I woke up and got to thinking it really wasn't a bad idea.... our walmart leaves dead bettas on the shelf alot and I'm pretty sure they NEVER do water changes... I complained once but nothing was done ( I don't think) So... I really want to take in a rescue this weekend while by bf is gone and get some shots of all the dead fish and start making a youtube video... there is one that makes me cry already up on youtube... I think spreading knowledge about bettas on a campus could help them out in this area...

BTW I never thought of this til I saw your thread! So thank you for inspiring all of us! <3 (And helping the little man)
Jessie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #327 
Pearl2011

Jessie, I'd love to do that. When I go to the LFS I cant decide whether I should rescue or boycott and get the ones in a community. Hope I dont have to consider that for a while =)
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #328 
PaintedOaksOki

OH WOW, your LPS gives the betta BIG cups, ours just gives them little plastic cups, like a miniature 'Red Solo Cup', with a lid, pretty sure no air holes either :/ ANYWAYS! Good luck with your little guy!
PaintedOaksOki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #329 
lillyandquigly

I think the reason it looks so big is cause Heart Breaker is a baby
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #330 
CandiceMM

Yes Heart Breaker is very young, I am estimating 1 1/2 months when I got him. And a solo cup with no air holes?? That is so sad!