Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #331 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie1990 View Post
I have an empty 5 gallon that I would really like to put a rescue in... my bf is going to kill me. I had a dream last night that I started rescuing bettas and would heal them one at a time and put a poster up on my campus to adopt them out when they were ready (Because ppl love bettas for their dorm) But the requirement to adopt was a 2.5 gal/heated, Kind of like what that lady did for her pitbulls when she adopted them out on that animal planet show :P But I woke up and got to thinking it really wasn't a bad idea.... our walmart leaves dead bettas on the shelf alot and I'm pretty sure they NEVER do water changes... I complained once but nothing was done ( I don't think) So... I really want to take in a rescue this weekend while by bf is gone and get some shots of all the dead fish and start making a youtube video... there is one that makes me cry already up on youtube... I think spreading knowledge about bettas on a campus could help them out in this area...

BTW I never thought of this til I saw your thread! So thank you for inspiring all of us! <3 (And helping the little man)
That's a great dream :) All I think about is my next rescue, but I am going to wait until I upgrade Heart Breaker to a 5 gallon. I will then use his 2.5 gallon as another hospital tank. I saw 2 very young HMPK today that were very sick and I wanted to take both. I almost did but I need a new tank for Heart Breaker. I may get one tomorrow for him.

Well good luck on your future rescue, its very exciting but it can also be bitter sweet so you need to prepare for sad times also. I have been very lucky that my little guy did such a turn around so fast and I count my blessings every day.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #332 
MistersMom

Yeah shes right... My little rescue died... its hard to 'rescue' them...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #333 
CandiceMM

What's hard about it is the lack of information we have when buying these sick fish in Petstores. I wish they wrote the date they got them on their cups and discounted them or sent them to people who wil care for them and get them healthy if they had been in their store too long. I hope everybody that loves these beautiful fish would consider helping a Betta in need. I know I will be doing this for a very long time :)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #334 
MistersMom

i agree :)
Old 08-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #335 
Pearl2011

Candice, I love your sig. I got so emotional when I read it. What is with me these days? I've cried twice in 3 days. Sooo not me.
Pearl2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #336 
MistersMom

is your cat eating a pumpkin? O.o
Old 08-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #337 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The manager scammed you he knew a sick betta you lose money he also knew you would buy food antibiotics tank filter cartrige tank decorations subrate you seem like a nice person instead of buying bettas show their losing money on bad care and complain to main office or your local news.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #338 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Do not use an undergravel filter it's bad for long finned fish plus in bigger tanks use add on filters with low currents.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #339 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

CandiceMM love your quiete on bettas touched my heart.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #340 
Tikibirds

Quote:
The manager scammed you he knew a sick betta you lose money he also knew you would buy food antibiotics tank filter cartrige tank decorations subrate you seem like a nice person instead of buying bettas show their losing money on bad care and complain to main office or your local news.
99% of the time the store gets credit if the fish dies so they do not loose money. The only one who looses is the sick betta because no one helped it.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote