Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-20-2012, 12:54 AM   #401 
CandiceMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyandquigly View Post
any betta is a rescue, but some bettas just give you that high:D I love my new vt baby Delight, Candice you should try rescuing a vt:D
I did pick up a rescue today, he is a veil tail and in really bad shape. I am not going to post anything until I feel confident about him. The last post I put up he didn't make it to day 2. It's hard on me because I get so emotionally attached. So pray for my new rescue and I will post a thread tomorrow or the next day :)
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #402 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Thank you yoshi, I look back now at how far he has come. I am very lucky he made it and I am so grateful. I recently have tried to rescue 2 more after him both died in the first day and it has been hard on me. So I am counting my blessings with Heart Breaker and just giving him all the love and care he deserves.
Oh wow..Candice..I am sorry to hear that..
it is unfortunate some just dont make it..I know I feel very grateful to have been able to save 4 fishys..and with the grace of god..see all of them make it..tho I had doubts with 2 of them..so to look back..it is amazing..to see how far they have come.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #403 
lillyandquigly

I will pray for him:) Good luck, also people please keep your fingers crossed for Delight, I think I might be seeing something on his bottom fin, it could just be coloring but I'm keeping my eye on it to keep Delight safe:D Good luck candice with your new rescue, post pics as soon as you can:D
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #404 
Tikibirds

you got a new guy??
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #405 
lillyandquigly

yeah, I was going to put Cheng in Fhil's tank, because it's bigger then hers(after I cleaned it out of course)so I needed something for my filter and went to the petstore with my mom, I looked at the bettas and saw this little orange and white vt butterfly and had to get him, of course I didn't think I could and thought about him all night long and the next day I had to go get him:D I was wondering, is it possible for a butterfly to marble?
Old 08-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #406 
lillyandquigly

lol just realized that was probably directed towards CandiceXD
Old 08-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #407 
CandiceMM

Well my new rescue passed tonight, I feel horrible. My boyfriend keeps telling me I am picking one's that are already past the point of no return but my heart keeps telling me to try because it might be his last hope. I will be on the hunt for the next rescue, I won't give up. On a lighter note my little Heart Breaker is sooooooo darn cute!!!! He is growing up and is so healthy. I am so pleased!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #408 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Aw, so sorry Candice. You are a sweetheart, you boyfriend is probably right, but keep doing what you think is right. . I guess you aren't wasting much money on them but the investment is more your emotions. :( So .. if this stuff makes you too sad maybe pick one that has a little more of a chance next time? Either way, you're a good one in my book :)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #409 
MistersMom

im glad about heart breaker and sorry about the others...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #410 
lelei

Aww..sooo sorry to hear that..maybe just take a break for a lil while, there is divine intervention..and sometimes there is a reason..I am soo glad Heartbreaker is doing so well..You are awwsum for trying to take in another rescue..

Your efforts will not go unnoticed..any betta in your care, if only for a while has love, and a beautiful home to live in..and that is the best way for a betta to spend his last days~
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote