Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #1 
TheCheese909

White and Purple Halfmoon

I've had him acouple months now, he was a PetCo rescue. I was able to get him for a few dollars off because he had a white growth on his side (which I now know is Lymphosystis) as well as some slight fungus problem.

His body is a light purplish color and his fins are white with some iridescent blues and purples.

He's now living in a 4 gallon filtered tank and he seems quite happy. He wasn't friendly at all when I first brought him home, hiding as soon as I came near, even when it was time to eat. He's gotten over that quite a bit and now hangs out in the front of his tank and says hi. He's also gotten over his pickyness of what he eats as well, before he only ate flakes and that's it, not even frozen bloodworms! He'll eat anything now, thankfully.

I'm still stumped as to what to name him. I've been calling him Cloudfish, but it's not that great of a name. I kinda like Perry for Periwinkle but I don't want a sissy-lala name like that for him lol. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Last edited by TheCheese909; 07-22-2012 at 05:14 AM.
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #2 
Laki

omg I LOOOOOVE him! He's so lucky! I don't know what Lymphosystis is or how to treat it but I hope it doesn't shorten his lifespan. Oh man. I feel SO happy for you and him! You got a great deal and a handsome fish and he got the best home any betta could ask for.
As for names. I do like Perry but if you're looking for more regal names, maybe something like Zeus or another Greek god name? (that's really common though. You could do Ancient Egyptian or Mesopatamian names)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #3 
Lost Eventide

He is just beautiful <3 I love his colouration. What a lovely find, I'm glad you were able to get him and help nurse him back to health!

As for names, going on Laki's string of god names, seeing you were calling him "Cloudfish" maybe play on that focus of clouds? There are Greek gods of winds that have some really powerful, manly names.

For instance:
  • Boreas (North wind)
  • Zephyrus (West wind)
  • Notus (South wind)
  • Euros (East wind)
  • Aeolus (He was the head honcho I believe, his domain is just "wind")
A bunch of other wind god names can be found here

As for general "purple" names, there is the name Porfirio (alternate spellings Porphirios and Prophyrios), which is a male Greek name that means "purple colouring." It was also the name of a 4th-century saint, which is cool. The start of it also looks a bit like "porpoise," so that plays into the aquatic aspect.

Lol, I'm a sucker for names in other languages/names that have complex spellings or are not very common though.
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #4 
Laki

Great examples! I was too lazy to go find names bc I had just woken up.. I looooove those names. I think Zephyrus might be my favorite.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #5 
CandiceMM

He is a true beauty, I love his colors! You were very lucky to have found him, and he is very lucky to be in your care.
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #6 
registereduser

registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #7 
JBosley

Perry!
Thats an adorable name.
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He is a beauty and I like Perry as a name for him too or Percy . Your pictures os him are awesome !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's very pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #10 
Bettanewbie60

Gorgeous fish! I thing Cirrus would be a good name. Awesome tank by the way! Congrats!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote