Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #1 
MrVampire181

Talking Prepping for the shows

Well with the convention a month behind us, I'm getting ready to begin doing some SERIOUS breeding for the next show season. There are three shows in September alone and I will be sending to each on of them to test the water for showing.

Currently I have two lines. Whites and metallic multi colors. Both HMPK. I now however, have stock for a red dragon line and a blue mask line. I will be stopping by PetCo to grab a few CT pairs to see if I can keep CTs and if those work out I'll be getting some nice CTs. I'm currently talking to Bettascapes and Martinismommy to obtain some HM pairs.

As far as the set up, I have six spawn tubs, six grow outs, one barrack under construction, and I want to add several plastic tubs as holding tanks.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #2 
Creat

I thought you didnt like breeding pet store fish... :/ But in any case good luck hope we can see who you send. Your whites are lovely :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

I don't but I'm not wasting money on a nice CT pair only to find out I can't keep them in pristine conditions.

And thank you! My whites are my pride and joy. With just one spawn I have awesome fin, body structure, and color.

I can't post pics of who I'll send but I will once I'm done with the fall shows :)

Last edited by MrVampire181; 07-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #4 
Mo

aww. I was gonna send a fish to the show in arlington too.... Aswell as new breeders Short fin males... Im gonna loose. lol, especially since Im showing dumbos
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #5 
PitGurl

Glad to see I'll have some competition in the NB classes, I didn't want to win by default. I only have 5 fry from my HMPK spawn and one has a crooked spine . The pair is from Karen so I'm hoping the others will be nice enough to show in NB. I have a HMDT spawn planned for the spring shows. For that spawn I have a female from Karen and a male from bettascapes.

Good luck with your spawns, I know you've been having some issues. And good luck in the Fall !
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #6 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
aww. I was gonna send a fish to the show in arlington too.... Aswell as new breeders Short fin males... Im gonna loose. lol, especially since Im showing dumbos
We'll see lol. I'm hoping for one entry per class by the end of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
Glad to see I'll have some competition in the NB classes, I didn't want to win by default. I only have 5 fry from my HMPK spawn and one has a crooked spine . The pair is from Karen so I'm hoping the others will be nice enough to show in NB. I have a HMDT spawn planned for the spring shows. For that spawn I have a female from Karen and a male from bettascapes.

Good luck with your spawns, I know you've been having some issues. And good luck in the Fall !
I'm also glad we'll be having some competition. Then at the end of the season we can all see how we did and see what we can all do to improve :)

Thanks! I think my issues are solved. Hopefully nothing else comes up and my breeding will continue.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #7 
Enkil

I'm still not very comfortable with my spawns. >>
My other half says that once I am, he'll pay for my IBC membership.

Besides... I only have one survivor from my first spawn. x_x I had gotten really sick and it got really hot. I'm surprised I even found this little guy/girl. I had thought the whole spawn lost. Found him while prepping the spawn tank for another try so he/she is now in a 10 gallon by them-self.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #8 
Spazzfish

Hoping to get that Hm pair from karen's MG spawn in the spawn tank so i will have some guys ready for spring shows. Plus some hmpks and a Dthmpk if i am lucky!
Spazzfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #9 
Sincerely

I am thinking I will be sending a pair or so to the NB class myself.

I can't wait!

My two pairs from Karen are growing out, I hope to spawn them in time for the spring shows
Sincerely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #10 
MrVampire181

I think we'll all do well this season :D Can't wait to see these results lol.