Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #1 
we3shipps

Talking Silly Betta!

So i have my betta in a 1.5 gallon cube and the "kit" came with a filter (that i wasn't using). His complete water change was yesterday and we put the filter in just to see if he'd be ok with it. So when we put him back in he swam around and checked to make sure all of his stuff was there (like he always does). He saw the filter.. and looked back at me as if to say ("what the H#&& is this?!?!?" My husband and i laughed so hard!
So being the "momma knows best" type i let him get used to it... the lil' stinker purposefully got himself stuck on the bottom of the intake tube.. (and i know it was on purpose cuz i saw him do it, and he made sure i was watching). So i quickly unplugged the filter. Long story short: we took out the filter...
This morning my husband found that the fish had built a bubble nest in the exact place the filter was... what a lil stinker
we3shipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

He's OK, right? See? This is what happens when stupid companies make filters for small tanks. The Betta gets sucked! >:( Yay! He built a Bubblenest! He's claiming territory and is ready to breed! (He doesn't have to though!)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #3 
we3shipps

Yeah he was fine. I swear he did it on purpose so i'd take the filter out.
He may want a girlfriend but he's not getting one. lol... i hope that building bubble nests isn't a phase (i.e. if he didn't get a girlfriend, he'd stop building nests) because we really enjoy watching him do them.
we3shipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #4 
toad

My first fish also got stuck in the filter after I brought him home; I was horrified. He's fine, but has got me scared to death to ever put a filter near him again!

Glad your little guy is okay :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote