Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #1 
MMad1121

Marbles: Do they all change color eventually?

Well, thread topic basically says it all, but do those of you with experience with marbled bettas find that after weeks/months your betta becomes more and more solid? I'll have to post some pictures of pierre soon. He was a white and bluish marble and now he's solid black with beautiful royal blue in his tail as well as his scales. I don't know when he was more stunning, then or now!

Nothing wrong with him I know, just curious to see what experiences the rest of you have had with your marbles!!!
MMad1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #2 
DragonFish

For some reason I have a tendency to gravitate towards marbles...I have NO idea why. I'm not -consciously- partial to them(not that I don't find them lovely, but I don't prefer them to other colors or anything xD), but they seem to be the ones that 'call' to me the most out of any other color pattern. I can't remember a time when I didn't have at least one marble around. I even once had a 'surprise marble'....a lovely dark Orchid/red boy who suddenly started getting lighter marbley patches on him. xD

It is indeed quite fun to watch them change over time though. I find they do indeed get more solid/darker color-wise as they age, though occasionally they'll 'marble backwards', I suppose, and get a lighter patch here and there.
Currently I have two marbles(as far as I know, still trying to figure out Finni....though with my history he probably is one xD), Ciel and Dice. Ciel I bought 7 months ago tomorrow looking like this, and now he looks like this. Dice is the lovely boy in my Avvy, I've had him for almost a month and no significant changes yet, but I REALLY look forward to seeing how he marbles ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

Well if they didn't change they wouldn't be marbles.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

My marbles tend to color up more than lose color. Except one of my girls just got red, white and blue splotches.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #5 
MMad1121

Yea I definitely agree. Marbles are one of the coolest color patterns I've seen and with all the changing they do, it's like getting a new fish every few days! I had a fun time checking him out every day to see if any noticeable white areas had colored over.
MMad1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 AM   #6 
Enkil

I adore marbles.

I have 3 currently: Frost, Sholto, and Conchenn.

Frost has gained a little more green, but has not changed since then.
Sholto is constantly shifting his colors though he does not gain new ones or loose current ones. He is a mix of cellophane, black, royal blue, and baby blue.
Conchenn is beautiful. She has a base of pale yellow. Bright yellow spot between her eyes. Very light mint green patches on her body and fins. Then she has several spots of dark blood red on tail and dorsal.

Used to have a copper marble dragon and she didn't shift color. Her sister, on the other hand, went from being a black dragon to being a black marble dragon. XD
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #7 
Sapphoira

My avatar is my marble, Tesla. I have only had him a couple of weeks, but already his color pattern is changing, and not just from feeling healthy out of that little cup! Every day it seems he gains more green iridescence, and the green band on his tail is slowly taking over the cellophane band at the end. I am super excited to see how his coloring will keep changing!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #8 
Shadyr

My marble ... marbled up nicely. He was white with red fin accents when I got him almost 5 months ago, and now he's a riot of colors, mostly shades of blue and purple, but the red stayed put on his fins. He changed the most in the first two months after I got him, and seems to have kinda stabilized with the current crop of colors.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote