Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #21 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Ugh, it really makes me mad that companies are too short-sided and stubborn to put people where they belong. This is the second thread in 2 days I have read about someone who works in a place that sells bettas that should really be in the pet department .. but instead the companies totally don't give a *$#@ and leave them doing something like cashier or stocking shelves far away from the bettas.

What is WRONG with people? When you have someone who is knowledgeable and passionate, and even makes valid points about how the company could possibly even make more money educating its customers on nicer set-ups for bettas .. .. you don't take advantage of that? (Think about this person taking the time maybe change the displays near the bettas in order to suggest slightly more expensive products. OR , think about if a store let an employee set up just ONE display tank with an ideal betta set-up, people could see how cute and fun, silly, or active a betta really can be in their homes. Maybe enough people would actually LIKE it that they would make up for the profits lost by someone who wouldn't take that on. Or let them still have the option of a crappy 1 gallon bowl, but no smaller! Smaller things aren't even necessarily cheaper anyway.)

I think we all need to write some letters or comments to big chain stores regarding this.

Last edited by mursey; 07-26-2012 at 12:59 PM.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #22 
Frazzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mursey View Post
Ugh, it really makes me mad that companies are too short-sided and stubborn to put people where they belong. This is the second thread in 2 days I have read about someone who works in a place that sells bettas that should really be in the pet department .. but instead the companies totally don't give a *$#@ and leave them doing something like cashier or stocking shelves far away from the bettas.

What is WRONG with people? When you have someone who is knowledgeable and passionate, and even makes valid points about how the company could possibly even make more money educating its customers on nicer set-ups for bettas .. .. you don't take advantage of that? (Think about this person taking the time maybe change the displays near the bettas in order to suggest slightly more expensive products. OR , think about if a store let an employee set up just ONE display tank with an ideal betta set-up, people could see how cute and fun, silly, or active a betta really can be in their homes. Maybe enough people would actually LIKE it that they would make up for the profits lost by someone who wouldn't take that on. Or let them still have the option of a crappy 1 gallon bowl, but no smaller! Smaller things aren't even necessarily cheaper anyway.)

I think we all need to write some letters or comments to big chain stores regarding this.
$$$ <---
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I applied for a job at Petsmart as a pet care associate but they never called me. Someone told me to apply again but I'm probably going to be moving in about 7 or 8 months.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #24 
toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I applied for a job at Petsmart as a pet care associate but they never called me. Someone told me to apply again but I'm probably going to be moving in about 7 or 8 months.
I'm sure you could transfer...

But I thought you were a psychologist or something? :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote