Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #1 
Alcemistnv

Unhappy Tank finally came today...

But one whole side was shattered in. Which means he had to send it back. A week of waiting for nothing...

And then my mom made the comment of " you should've just looked at Walmart. They're cheaper.". But what irks me is that she rarely ever goes to Walmart and it just so happens we might be going tomorrow depending on the rain. But, she couldn't tell me about getting a tank elsewhere when I hadn't already spent the money?

Now I have to email the seller and notify them of the broken. Maybe they could be smart and package it correctly. Or I can just get a refund check if that's possible. Luckily, I do have the Kritter keeper if I do get Pudge before the tank, but this kinda ruined my mood today :(

I guess glass tanks don't work well with delivery.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

how horrible! Cant you send a complaint!!!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #3 
Alcemistnv

I don't want to yet, especially it they don't give refunds. Hopefully they'll send another tank and I don't want them damaging it on purpose.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #4 
lelei

That should not have happened, that is the responsibility of the shipper, and Yes, I would complain, you should be getting it for free at this point.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #5 
Alcemistnv

What exactly should I do..?
I've never had this happen before so I'm at a loss
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #6 
Lost Eventide

I agree with lelei. I would at least call the company/person you bought it from and tell them seeing they either did not pack it correctly or there was something very wrong with how the shipping company handled it.

You don't have to be aggressive about it, but let them know you had such a large issue. Oftentimes good companies and sellers will try to compensate for your trouble either by giving you a discount, refunding some money, or throwing in something for free. We have packages coming in and out of here all the time seeing my mom runs her own business, and 99% of the time she's compensated in some way if there's a mess-up.

So sorry that happened to your tank!
Lost Eventide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #7 
Kenny G

As a customer you have to right to receive a tank free of damage. You should express your concerns. Maybe this time the seller will label it fragile and pack it better. I would contact the seller and find out if you are entitled to a refund or just an exchange.
Kenny G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #8 
Alcemistnv

I'll definitely contact the seller and see what I can do.
I'll provide complains only if the seller is rude to me/ doesn't re ship the tank correctly.

The package was actually labelled fragile, but the packaging itself was terrible.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #9 
lelei

You should ask for Express shipping, overnight, and say you have a fishy waiting for this tank, and they should do that at no extra charge..:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #10 
Alcemistnv

I just sent a return request to their amazon. Luckily, I don't have to pay because there was inadequate packaging. I hope they don't get mad at me for sending it back without prior notification, but UPS wouldn't let me keep the tank because then THEY'RE liable for it.

The sellers don't have a phone number that I can easily contact so i hope they accept the return request. If all else fails, I might just go to Walmart.

But the reviews for the seller all say that if they had to return a product, a replacement was sent the next day.

So fingers crossed