Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 
LinkLover

Writing complaint letter to Petco corporate

So I'm about to lose it with my local Petco stores, and want to write the best complaint letter to corporate as I can. I have pictures of all the sick fish I have obtained from them, so those will go along with it, but I want to take my time and do this right. Does anyone with any experience in this area have any suggestions/tips on things to include (or not include) in the letter? I want this to be as powerful as I can make it, so they understand how seriously their customers take the treatment of their bettas.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #2 
lvandert

Try not to sound snippy, but give them a professional chewing out. Maybe give them a hint to check change.org and search "petco". include pictures (which you are) and say things like "I know your trying to make money off these guys but to what extent will you go?" compare them to walmart, that aught to get their attention lol
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #3 
cjconcepcion

make sure to not sound accusing, be very formal, type it up and sign it and everything, tell them that it would be to THEIR benefit to care for them more, as it would reqiure very little extra effort from their employees, and that sick/dead fish among living ones will make potential customers question the health of the living fish around them. be sure to list the addresses of the specific stores you rescued the fish from. also include that you understand how their business works, that there are many fish and other things to take care of, make it sound like you are making a suggestion, not a complaint, because that will get you alot further than going off on the things that they do wrong
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #4 
cjconcepcion

you should post a rough draft on here too :)
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #5 
lvandert

what if we get a group of us together and we all send the same letter to cooperate? I wonder what they would do then...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:11 PM   #6 
lelei

Call the corporate Headquarters, and ask for the CEO persons name so it goes directly to that person, and let them know that upon noticing some explain what you saw, that you would like to address some of these issues in writing, and need an address, and name of the person whom to send it to,

Then in the letter, address the issues of what you see, and yes, in what store, ask the store for thier # as they all have this for this designated purpose, and just let them know in the letter that you have pictures that you can also send in an e-mail, and go to the Corp website, to include the pictures as well, and just let them know that it needs to be changed, for the health of the fish, and the employees who maybe discarding the fish improperly, and thus their will be cross contamination is other species of fish ...something along those lines should work fine..:) Make your points, as precise and to the point, and also ask why they cannot or why they haven't overhauled the whole betta system, so that these changes are met?
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #7 
LinkLover

Thanks for all the suggestions! I USED to be good at writing essays, so I hope I still have that in me somewhere. I definitely don't want to be rude or insulting (well, I WANT to but wont) because I know that accomplishes nothing. Cjconcepcion I was just telling my fiance the same thing about how when people see dead fish, it makes them wonder if they really want to get an animal in those conditions. I wont go easy on them, but I will make it as intelligent and professional as possible. Ivandert, that's a great idea! Get a group to write a bunch of letters and send them. Who knows what corporate would think, but if enough people did it they would HAVE to pay attention. And once I get something good I will post it here. :)
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #8 
LinkLover

Lelei, good idea to go straight for the source! That way it doesn't go through a bunch of people, or just get discarded by someone who doesn't care/doesn't want it to go to the CEO.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #9 
RainbowSocks

As an English major, I'd love to edit it for spelling/grammar. :D
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #10 
Sapphoira

Also, you should point out that if petstores sold the correct equipment for bettas and educated fish buyers on the proper way to care for them, they would have less dead fish, more happy customers, and probably a lot more profit. costs a lot more to get a heater, 10g tank, filter, etc for a betta than a $12 tiny divided less than a gallon tank!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote