Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #41 
LinkLover

Wow, thanks you guys! Y'all are so nice! After seeing it so much, I just couldn't take it anymore. I HAD to say something, and I wanted it to be a big smething. I couldn't have done it without you all. :) I'll include the best pictures below, they are not great quality, but the only camera I have is my phone. Bettasloveme, good for you for speaking up! I certainly hope you get that callback, since corporate can't ignore us forever.

Name:  luke.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  36.8 KB

Name:  veiltailslime.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  24.9 KB

Name:  veiltailvelvet.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  29.1 KB
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #42 
MyRainbowBettaFish

THAT LETTER WAS FANTASTIC! Great job! I really hope corporate can feel our wrath!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #43 
lelei

Try to send it Certified..if yu can..it shows yu are professional and take this matter seruously:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #44 
ChardFish

My best advice is to remain emotional distant while writing the letter and/or making your complaint. While its obviously your enormous heart that prompts action, additional emotion weakens an argument. :) Make your point as quickly, as professionally, and as factually as possible. Do not appeal to their emotions- they haven't any, or this would not be an issue. Good luck!
ChardFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #45 
lelei

And yes..Fabulous job!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #46 
LinkLover

Thank you all again, for the nice comments and great advice. :)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #47 
ChardFish

Yes, I apparently missed that you had done it already- good for you! Both Hot Lips and Trigger are Petco "rescues", and Avery (my double-tail male) was a "female betta" dying slowly at Wally-World. I am happy to report that Trigger is much better than he was, Avery is GORGEOUS, and Hot Lips.... well, lets just say she looks like a fish again. She was laying on her side in the cup, gasping, and all bent is a weird shape, like she was too stiffened up to swim. Took her almost a week before she swam normally (have had her about 10 days)..... and her color has changed- she is much less brownish around her gills and where she is lightly colored, and she is eating, flaring at Huggy, and acting healthy now. I think she had poisoning from dirty water, because all I gave her was space, fresh water, and food. Oh, and sisters, as she is part of the sorority now :). Keep up the good work, y'all! :) The people on here have the biggest hearts!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #48 
lelei

Just gave yur thread a 5 star rating!!! Those pix are heartbreaking..i cannot wait to hear their response to this.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #49 
LinkLover

ChardFish, that's wonderful that you rescued those poor little fishies. I'm always so happy to hear when others do their best to stop the suffering of Bettas. Lelei, thank you very much. And yes, those are not the only pictures I have (the others are way less clear, and I wanted to show the most severe on here) and they break my heart whenever I look at them. I certainly hope they respond, as I am especially motivated because my THIRD rescue from Petco in ONE WEEK died this morning. :( I don't know how I'm going to keep doing this when they die one after the other. I can't believe how bad things are in those stores.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #50 
ChardFish

I am so sorry they are dying on you! At least you are giving them the best possible chance. Probably a stupid question, but does petco have any kind of exchange system? I would keep a cup, and then if they die, take them back and make a raucous. And when they fight back, I would take the fish and throw it at their beady little pig-eyes. LOL And then one of you would post my bail, right? :) Seriously, though- I would make a stink when you buy the sickly ones, and make sure they know you will be back raising hell if they die. Be a total pill. Totally calm and collected, but be a thorn in their side. Squeaky wheel and all that! :) And keep copies of betta care sheets and your letter, so you can give them out to patrons of the fish section every time you go in. In fact, I might just do that with your permission... :)