Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #1 
mamanemeth1

Question Am I the only one......

who is completely in love with this species? I feel like a total nut with how much I'm into these beauties. They're just magnificent creatures to me.

What has you lovin' these guys.....and gals?
mamanemeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #2 
fleetfish

I love them because they are one of the most amazing animals I've come across, and I couldn't live without them. They are comical, bold, cowardly, aggressive, charming, whimsical, regal . . . what else? Beautiful. And they are all of the above but in a small package. Their colours span the rainbow, and for me colour is the poetry of the Universe.

I could write a whole essay/poem/novel about how much I love them. :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #3 
DragonFish

Oooooooooooh no xD Lol, you're most certainly NOT the only one head over heels in love with this species, especially on this forum! Haha <3

For me, its all about the face, the eyes, the expression....the attentiveness, the individual personality....the wide variety of colors/shapes is just a great bonus xD As pretty as a betta may be, I don't think I could bring it home if I looked into its eyes and didn't connect with it. They just have such big, unique, individual personality's for such a small creatures...its fascinating! <3

I actually noticed this first with other fish. I first started fish keeping and doing research at my dads suggestion, and I found myself gravitating towards Gouramis, a cousin of the betta, because of how unusually attentive they were in comparison to the plays and guppies and whatnot. When I stumbled upon bettas a few moths later however...I just fell head over heals in love <3 I knew I could never go a day without at least one betta in my room at home again...and I haven't in the past three and a half years xD Even moved a couple of my boys 2000+ miles cross country with me.

They're just such wonderful little creatures, I don't understand whats NOT to love <3
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #4 
aqua001

Trust me, you are not alone! I would scream until my voice is horse (or do something even worse) if I could not have a betta!! :)
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #5 
yoshi1029

I love these guys because of how they all have a different personality!
yoshi1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #6 
BettaFishLover989

I love bettas because they are all unique and have such beautiful colors. I also love how they are like little "water dogs", very playful and feisty. :)
BettaFishLover989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #7 
ukandy

i love the variety and rhe individual personalities
ukandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #8 
lelei

I have been saying this to a lot of my friends who are now turning into Betta Lovers as well, and they are seeing what we all see, how when My eyes light up, and when I am describing how beautiful, and how cute, and funny, and amazing they are, how looking in their eyes, and how they look back with that adoring look that is soo amazing for such a lil fish..

with so much personality, and love and how they move thier little mouths so fast,like they are yelling at something or trying to talk to us..when they flare, and show that aggression, and wonder at the same time,

they just show so much life, and energy, and you just want to love them sooo much..I could talk about them all day long, and not say enough..they are just the MOST INCREDIBLE LITTLE FISHY'S IN THE WORLD!!!! I am a Betta Lover for Life!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #9 
mamanemeth1

Well said lelei and exactly. :)
mamanemeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #10 
hate is hitler

loveing bettas

i fell in love with bettas because unlike my other fish i had to earn my bettas affections. It took him a month to warm up to me and now i wake everymorning with him watching me through his tank. I think any animal that wants your respect before you get any from them Is more then worthy of my love.
hate is hitler is offline   Reply With Quote