Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #1 
everythingsok07

treated betta and not getting better HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than two weeks ago I treated Fred with tetracycline and a fungus eliminator. I also have done the aquarium salt and aquarisol as a preventitive. He had tail rot and his tail is growing back. Yay!! He has gotten color back on the back end of his body but he is a silver gray on his belly and on his face is gray and almost green patcy looking.? I have been so very careful about medication and ph levels and temp and trying everything to get him better and it just isn't working. He is eating a little better but still spits his food out. He still isn't active and I don't know what else to do. I am getting desperate can someone please help. I don't have any way to send a picture or I would. Also he has a white ring around his eye and I have checked everywhere to find out what that is but cant find any info. Fred was pretty sick when I got him because his previous owner did not care for him at all. He makes me very happy so want to make him happy as well. Somebody please just help me!!!!!!!!!
everythingsok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #2 
fish_4_all

Ok, with all you have done i think it might be time to let things happen a little. everything changing all the time iwth meds, salts and other things may be stressing him out too much for him to heal faster. Also, make sure to vary his food more. Peas, betta bites, some other small pellet food, other veggies in sizes he can eat easily. Assuming that the fungus and fin rot are not coming back, start to remove the meds slowly but steadily and stop adding salt. If you are worried about constipation then you need to add Epson Salts, not regular aquarium salt.
fish_4_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #3 
everythingsok07

I did slowly take of meds and have stopped those completely more than four days ago. I only did the aquarium salt with tank change. His tail is growing back wonderfully and the colors on his tail are great now. When I stopped the meds the the whitish silver color on his belly has turned to a dark grayish silvery color. I guess since his body was getting so much better I figured that his face and tummy would be too, but that just isnt the case. He is using the bathroom fine no bloating or anything. Do you know why he has the patchy greenish gray on his face.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #4 
fish_4_all

It could be nothing more than stress colors. I would say that all his energy is being put into replacing his tail and this could be taking color form the rest of his body.
fish_4_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #5 
everythingsok07

You may be right I hope so. The colors on his tail are beautiful I just keep waiting for the rest of him to have the same color. I guess I will just keep watching him and see how he does. Thank you for you help!!!