Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #1 
teeneythebetta

Angry Trip to walmart...

Once again I checked out the bettas while I was at walmart. There were only 4 of them, which I was glad to see since I often come in to find 20+ cups STACKED on top of each other >:l I have seen worse conditions, but I thought I'd still share. Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I used my ipod.

Pic #1: The pretty guy I wanted to take home. He has been there for WEEKS, I was sure someone would've chosen him sooner; since orange bettas are rare & because he was more colorful than the others were. I so would've taken him if i could, I have everything I would need for him, but my spare tank is quarantining my new female, and I cannot have it permanently set up. :( He had a minor case of pop eye.

Pic #2: Poor baby. Look at that little guy. Yes, he is alive. :(

Pic #3: I like the coloration of this guy.. He seemed to be the most lively and was flaring.

Pic #4: Okay this is annoying. I hate, HATE when the cups are stacked! All it does is deprive the ones below of oxygen. I know sometimes customers might stack them; but when they have 20+ bettas and half are stacked, it is quite obvious an employee did it.

Pic #5: Grossness starting to collect on the bottom of my favorite boy's cup. I actually saw one last week that had that brown crud on the bottom of the ENTIRE cup. So. gross.

I have complained to this walmart before (like I said, these conditions arent nearly as bad as what ive seen before) and they said the bettas are in dirty cups because customers take it upon themselves to feed them. WELL, THEY CAN STILL CLEAN THE CUPS.

teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #2 
Frazzle

Im gunna start rescuing them. my local petsmart treats there's good and has a special rack so they cant be stacked. I also donate $10 everytime i go there, as for walmart... *facepalm*.. I'll start saving some of them
Frazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzle View Post
Im gunna start rescuing them. my local petsmart treats there's good and has a special rack so they cant be stacked. I also donate $10 everytime i go there, as for walmart... *facepalm*.. I'll start saving some of them
Yes, it's quite sad. I got my female, Teeney, from a different walmart. Somehow she always was happy & active (even in that little cup, that's WHY I chose her) I've never had any health problems with her. She's a great little thing :)

So sweet of you to donate to PS... I'm sure it makes them feel good that someone appreciates the effort they put towards their care. :)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

I would of taken home #2...I have had good luck with saving the near death looking ones.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I would of taken home #2...I have had good luck with saving the near death looking ones.
Aww you're so sweet
Too bad you're well over 1,000 miles away... :(
Old 07-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #6 
CandiceMM

Makes me so sad and I wish I could save them all. I am always checking out the new Betta's and I have been pretty relieved to see most of them very healthy. I am trying to get one little guy back to good health, I feel constantly nervous he wont make it. I know it takes time but I am anxious for him to feel better. Breaks my heart to see Betta's uncared for :(
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceMM View Post
Makes me so sad and I wish I could save them all. I am always checking out the new Betta's and I have been pretty relieved to see most of them very healthy. I am trying to get one little guy back to good health, I feel constantly nervous he wont make it. I know it takes time but I am anxious for him to feel better. Breaks my heart to see Betta's uncared for :(
Ik, what's sad is stacked bettas- one with popeye, and one half dead isnt nearly as bad as it gets... Sending good wishes to you and your recovering boy :')
Old 07-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #8 
CandiceMM

Breaks my heart, but taking notice and getting awareness out there helps a lot!! And thanks, I'm about to write an update on him.

Love your signature!! Super cute..
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #9 
teeneythebetta

Thanks! I will go find your thread! (If I haven't already)