Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #1 
RefinerySun

Where can i find a yellow or white Betta??

This is going to be my first time ever having a Betta fish and i want to go all or nothing with it. So i either want a yellow one or a white one. Male only.
I'm not sure if petsmart or a local pet shop is going to have these colors but i'm not settling for less.
Do you guys think i'll be able to find one locally?

Yellow would be named Macaroni.
White would be named Elvis.

Either yellow or white will do so if you have ever seen these colors in stores before let me know where please. I live in Maryland [:
RefinerySun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #2 
CharStarr

I live in Ontario, Canada but I'm pretty sure Big Al's is in the US as well, I know my LFS has beautiful yellow/tangerine bettas and a few white ones though they aren't as pretty as they could be. Make sure to look around or check out Aqua Bid, the sellers on there should have some yellow or white bettas.
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #3 
LittleWatty

I've seen white bettas at Petsmart - some pure, others marble. I saw a couple yellow ones on my trips through 2 Petco's and a Petsmart, though I can't remember where exactly I saw them. Occasionally Walmart (horrible, horrible place) will carry "oddball" colors like white and yellow.
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #4 
RefinerySun

Thanks! I just don't want to order a fish and pay a lot if i can just find one at petsmart [:
Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #5 
LittleWatty

Yep! You can definitely find them at Petco/Petsmart. If its not there the first time you go, just keep looking :) Your best chances might be finding out when they usually get their betta shipments in, then going in on that day to take a look at them while they're still in the shipping baggies. That way, you know you get first pick :D That's how I got my black orchid w/ red CT (still not sure if he's a Black Devil or not XD)
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #6 
katrina89

i saw a white hmpk male at petco last time i went
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Your best bet would be to look at pet stores around you. If they don't have one you like, ask them when they get their betta shipments in. If you go the day they get a new shipment, you will get first picks and might find the one.
I've seen yellows at walmart as well...
Also go to the "betta classifieds" section of the forum. People always rehome bettas (and not expensive bred ones, most people rescue them, heal them & rehome them)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #8 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefinerySun View Post
Thanks! I just don't want to order a fish and pay a lot if i can just find one at petsmart [:
I don't know if you have Pet Supplies Plus where you live, but they had a beautiful light yellow betta when I went there last week. I love that the one we have here only carries 5 or 6 bettas at one time, and they are always kept well. Good luck on your search!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #9 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefinerySun View Post
This is going to be my first time ever having a Betta fish and i want to go all or nothing with it. So i either want a yellow one or a white one. Male only.
I'm not sure if petsmart or a local pet shop is going to have these colors but i'm not settling for less.
Do you guys think i'll be able to find one locally?

Yellow would be named Macaroni.
White would be named Elvis.

Either yellow or white will do so if you have ever seen these colors in stores before let me know where please. I live in Maryland [:
Hello, and welcome to the forum! Yellow and White is NOTa common color, so it will be hard to find them from a LFS or Ptco/Patsmart. The easiest way would be to get into contact with a breeder. Some 2 out of 500 eggs can be yellow. Look in my abums, and you will see i found a yellow VT at Petsmart, his name is Honeycomb. I just dug to the back of the shelf where no one else looks, and BOOM! There he was, a beautiful yellow VT

Dont forget to check out my album pictures of Honeycomb!!!

Macoroni is a cute name! Good luck with your new betta fish!

WARNING! They are addictive lol
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #10 
RefinerySun

i found a beautiful white one at petsmart that had accents of turquoise along his tail but he was not into me at all, wouldn't look at me or anything. However this bright red male was swimming around looking at me and following my finger, i didn't want red but i knew he wanted me so i ended up buying him, maybe i'll get a second one later, yellow or white [: