Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #11 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Bliss View Post
If you would like people to check out your tank post another thread, it jas nothing to do with this one... Go to what ever section you want to post, and on the left hand side of the top it will say new thread. Also please use the edit button, it helps the thread remain uncrowded.

On the other side, your stocking is bad, sorry to say. A male and a female should never live together permanently. A pleco needs at least 20 gallons for the small ones, danios need a 2 foot tank and high flow which bettas hate, neons should be in schools of like 8 or more to be happy and most important your bioload is going to be outrageous.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #12 
Panama Bliss

Location: Chino Hills California, Honolulu Hawaii, Los Angeles California
I thought that, but as i mentioned, i am just beginning, the Danios are on their way to another aquarium, to fast for my tank. I actually grew up with Bettas as my mother had several aquariums throughout our house. I have yet to see a male attack a female or vice versa, not to say they don't, but my male is quite non aggressive. The female too . The tetra were added and as i mentioned, i plan on getting black neons to school with my neons. The betta housing wasn't intentional, it just ended up that way.

As far as my Plecos, he is tiny and i plan on getting a 50+gallon tank to expand. But i appreciate the input greatly thanks.
Panama Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #13 
Sundancex

I found a Fluval EBI for ~$90 including two day free shipping. I looked it up and the main differences between the EBI and the Flora are the lack of co2 in the EBI and the smaller granular size (which apparently better for planting) in the EBI. They both have the same light and filter. The EBI also doesn't include any ferts but what is included fert wise in the Flora isn't worth using.

I'm planning on doing an Iwagumi style aquascape (rock hardscape) with a java moss carpet. Not sure what I want as a bg plant, rethinking the idea of hairgrass for something better suited to low light (iow easy). Planning on using lava rock to hardscape and cover the lava rock mostly with moss as well. So excited to start this...I just hope I don't fail miserably.
Sundancex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #14 
Panama Bliss

That sounds like a beautiful set up, however, being familiar with Lava Rock, it may be dangerous for your betta as lava rock is rigid and sharp. His fins may get torn on the Lava rock. Smooth stones are probably a better and safer idea. I'm all about keeping my cost down, but Fluval is a very nice contemporary tank and in some respects is worth it once u factor in expenses for accessories such as filter and lights. It should look great,post some pics when u get a chance Have fun and enjoy
Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #15 
Sundancex

Squee! I'm officially a Fluval owner! I bought the 7.9 gal EBI tank for a grand total of $87! It should be here Friday! *does happy dance*

I bought from wag.com incase anyone wants to know.

I'm entering into the world of aquascaping...wish me luck!

Thanks Panama Bliss for the info on lava rock. Maybe I'll try growing the moss on the rock in a different tank (I have a 5 gal acrylic hex) and after the moss has fully covered the rock I will move it into the EBI. I like lava rock because it is rough and should hopefully hold the moss better than a smooth rock.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #16 
Sundancex

Lovely. My new EBI arrived...BROKEN. I am SO not happy right now. It arrived in an amazon.com box (but is supposed to be from wag.com?) with virtually no cushioning outside of the cushioning in the EBI box. the stuffed some brown paper in the front..real great cushioning.

I have an email in and if I don't get an email back in the next few hours they are going to get a lovely call asking for a new tank to be shipped asap and telling them their packing methods really need to be improved.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #17 
Sundancex

Update: Wag.com is sending me a new tank at no additional cost. Hopefully this one will be packed better and arrive in one piece, not 100.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #18 
Panama Bliss

Have a blast. I find myself stuck in the fish section even when its to buy my pit bull dog food. Very tranquil and addicting hobby. I am planning out another tank. Possibly a sorority tank with a Bonzai tree mock up made of moss and driftwood. And a sand bottom in a 20+ gallon tank. I'm hooked