Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #1 
puppyrjjkm

Petco Pals Rewards?

Hello! When I head back to school next month I'm going to have Petco nearby for the first time, and I heard they have the pals reward program. I was wondering if this is like petsmart's pet perks like you get the sales price with the card?... or how it works. It says you earn 5% on all purchases. But do you just like print off coupons to use the money? It's not like a credit card right? I was just wondering if someone could clear this up for me! Thanks!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #2 
teeneythebetta

Make sure whenever you make a purchase to use your pals card. At the bottom of the receipt it will tell you how close you are to earning your pals rewards.. Once you spend $100, you will get a $5 off any purchase coupon... If you go to petco's website and log in to view your account, theres an option to print your rewards once youve earned them. :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #3 
Firefly85

pals card is great, it is not a credit card, just a frequent shopper card, and yes sale price and if you are like me i spend way too much money there since we have so many pets and we buy our dog food so i get at least one $5 coupon each month.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #4 
toad

I have the card on my keys and I do get some good discounts when they have a sale going. But I think they should do the coupons electronically or put them on the bottom of the receipt like CVS, because I never end up using them - I don't own a printer and don't really have a use for one. I could go to the library to print them, but who has the time for that?!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #5 
puppyrjjkm

Yay! I'm excited to get one now, thanks for the help. Or maybe I shouldn't get one so I don't spend so much... haha!
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #6 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppyrjjkm View Post
Yay! I'm excited to get one now, thanks for the help. Or maybe I shouldn't get one so I don't spend so much... haha!
Haha! It comes in handy though, especially if you have dogs and/or cat's. My dog & cat food together is $90 so thats almost another coupon. LOL
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #7 
katrina89

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Haha! It comes in handy though, especially if you have dogs and/or cat's. My dog & cat food together is $90 so thats almost another coupon. LOL
My dog eats 5 cups of food a day and weighs 58 pounds!!!! he has a metabolism issue and always loses weight so we feed him the ammount for a 100 pound dog.. so between our cat and dog the food its 150 every 2 or 3 months... but we buy it online so it doesnt help our pals card :/
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #8 
registereduser

I also suggest signing up for all their facebooks and e-mails cuz they will send you surveys and special offers

PetCo and PetCo Unleashed
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #9 
Sapphoira

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina89 View Post
My dog eats 5 cups of food a day and weighs 58 pounds!!!! he has a metabolism issue and always loses weight so we feed him the ammount for a 100 pound dog.. so between our cat and dog the food its 150 every 2 or 3 months... but we buy it online so it doesnt help our pals card :/
Have you tried blue buffalo wilderness? Its grain free and super high protien which can really help with dogs with metabolism issues! My dog has a super fast metabolism and gastrointestinal issues, and that food helped him gain weight and made him poop normally!
Sapphoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #10 
inareverie85

The main problem with those cards is that they expire quickly, within like a month of issue. So Ill go there and buy frozen betta food and petkeepers, get a coupon, and if I don't need anything for another month they just expire.

Happened to me a few times. I'm a bit peeved about that. :P
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote