Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #1 
Shirleythebetta

Shirley's Journal

I have no one in my life that is truly interested in my boring little events so I thought maybe that someone on here would be. I tell my family about my hobbies and they stare into space or I get an "uh huh". It makes you feel sad when your hobbies are boring to others but I understand that is why I have you guys. I am 25 and married since Feb of this year. I have lived in Ohio my whole life and have many hobbies like crafting and reading. I like to draw and paint. Obviously fish is a hobby.

I am getting a Pleco rescue this weekend and his temp housing is now filled up and ready. All I have to do now is set up his filter and heater and get him a hiding place. I am very interested in how I am going to get this huge fish in a container to bring him home. I will get it though. I get him Saturday and Friday I am going to town to get him some goodies to eat and a cave for him. Hubby wants a huge ornament for him to hide in so their goes 40 bucks. lol.

Wanda (female veil tail) is no longer a member of the sorority. I decided to make her my desk buddy and spoil her a little. She did well in the sorority but I have never seen her tail fully grown out in the 1+ years I have had her. I am happy to say her tail is growing and she is thriving with all of the spoiling. I gave her some baby brine shrimp and she made a fast game of that. She hunted them for a while. Poor tiny things. I lost my new dragon already within a week. I was a bit depressed by that. I was hoping he would survive in a 5 gallon with all amenities but he was too sick at the store I suppose.

My ADF's have been upgraded to a 5 gallon tank. There are 2 of them along with my surviving solitary ghost shrimp. He's a beast. And my Moss ball Oscar, yess Sakura I named him . They are now in a heated and filtered 5 gallon and much more active. My ignorance about them is sad. At least they are in a better situation now. Sigh.

Yesterday I started Psychology 1 in college. My University focuses on one class at a time which I love. I am reading the Prologue and Chapter one right now and already learning some things about myself. I am too gullible and fear things to easily. Wonder what else I will learn about myself. Also for those of you who I haven't told this too. I have a goal of graduating college with all A's and B's. So far I have acheived that. I haven't received my grade for Accounting 1 yet so I am very interested in seeing the outcome of that class.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Psychology is right up my alley. That's what my degree is in. I loved it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #3 
teeneythebetta

Aww I'm so sorry about the loss of your dragon :(

Aren't females the best? Gotta love those little girlies ;)
What part of Ohio do you live in? I'm from Fostoria, but moved down to Florida 5 years ago. :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

Teeney* I live near central Ohio. I love my girls. My fav is Patty, the one I "Saved" but she saved my sanity in the process. She is about the color of Teeney just a little darker.

I love Psychology Dramaqueen. I actually took college psychology in High-school and this class is super exciting. I have a group project due and I am hoping all of my team members get involved. I had some problems with this in my last group assignment. I have a 21 slide powerpoint presentation due on Memory construction. Since I have no memory this should be fun XD

My husband and I had a huge fight over his in ability to communicate important details to me. I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow and he didn't give me necessary details of our new insurance *rolls eyes* and my bassett is whining at me having an anxiety attack. Likely because she wants outside but we don't go out this late.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 07-25-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

Severe storms today. Could be as severe as the June 30th storm. 70 plus mile an hour winds. I live in a mobile home so I am going to go to my moms. This should be a fun fight with my husband. He does not see the importance of prepairing for severe weather. He thinks nothing is severe. I don't think he has ever seen the things I have seen with mobile homes.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

We're supposed go get storms,too but I don't know if they'll be severe. Don't stay in your mobile home if it gets bad. Stay safe, my friend.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #7 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks Dramaqueen. I have had a pretty rotten day though. Not just the storms either.
It started out when my husband had to work overtime which I hate sometimes. He gets home and we start arguing because he doesn't want to go to my moms because of the storms. He isn't afraid of storms and I would be much less fearful if it weren't for the mobile home thing. Well, he broke on it and we were on our way and the tire fell off of my van in the driveway. So we had to stay and get the van off the ground and secure. Husband hasn't slept in over 20 hours and I am tired too. I wen't over to my in-laws place because my baby bro-in-law is scared of storms to so we cuddled and watched thomas the train. :) He kept me sane that sweet little boy. All is good in my area and we had minimal damage. Just some hail and lots off thunder. Plus side is I got a new recliner today and it's a massager. :)

I just want to say thank you God the tire fell off in the driveway and not going 55 on the highway like I would have done. I may not be typing right now if God hadn't helped me out! Sucks it came off but I could be dead.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #8 
toad

I'm sorry to hear about your dragon :(

But, I LOVE that you named your moss ball!!! I call mine Clyde :D
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #9 
Shirleythebetta

Something that green and bulbus has to have a name right? lol
Old 07-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you're ok and that the tire fell off when it did. Pretty scary. We got some rain and some thunder and lightning but that's pretty much it.