betta fish

Old 08-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #101 
dramaqueen
Banned

Pretty fishies!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #102 
Shirleythebetta

I'm watching the movie 500 days of summer. It gets my vote for most boring movie of the year. I'm bored Jeff's out fishing
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #103 
dramaqueen
Banned

Did he catch anything?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #104 
Shirleythebetta

Nope not a thing. It was to hot for catfish anyway. They like cooler water. I grew up fishing but.You know how it is. You cant tell a man about what he thinks he knows.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #105 
dramaqueen
Banned

Haha, very true. They think they know everything. My brother is like that.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #106 
Shirleythebetta

New Toys

Well I have had an eventful weekend. This is my last week in Psychology. It ends Monday at midnight then I start my Management Principles class. I tell you though. Even with all the issues God is good. I got my refund check right on time. We spent about a thousand on ourselves and our house bills and other things we needed for the house. This weekend our air conditioner broke and we have to pay an HVAC guy 2 or 300 to fix it.

We also got some new living room furniture (YAY) Coming tomorrow so after school tonight I have to clean my living room. I won't have any sleep tomorrow but no sleep means a cold house and new furniture(YAY) I am happy.

I got some new toys too. I got a marineland 19 gallon high... really high tank for 19 dollars at an antique mall. Dimensions are 23hx10wx19L I think I am going to make it a guppy tank. This tank looks almost brand new. I also went to a thrift store and got myelf a new pet spider. The only kind of spider I like... stuffed. He is going to be my desk buddy. I named him Homer. He just looks like a Homer to me.

Oh and Jeff made a funny to tick off his mom. I am sure anyone that knows me on here knows how mad I got when my Mother-In-Law called trade school college when her daughter went for a 6 week course. Well Jeff decided to be a smarty and went to his moms house. Before this happened Jeff and I talked and I talked him in to an Associates Degree in Industrial Electric rather than him taking just a career diploma in Residential Electric. Anyways, he went to his moms house to show off the new gun I got him. They got on to the subject of his education and he said, "Well Mom, I decided that I am not going to be like the rest of our family and get a career diploma" she says, "Your not?" and he says "yea I am going to go to college and get a real degree" right in front of his sister. He said his mom acted like she didn't even give a crap. I told him thats because he isn't his sister. She only cares about what her ignorant daughter does not her intelligent son. I told him today the reason she doesn't like me is because he isn't dependant on her. She isn't happy unless people depend on her. When he and I first got together he was always oweing her money and she did everything. Now that he is a man she stays away from him and me and frankly I don't care anymore. A mother is supposed to want her kids to take care of themselves not keep them dependent.

She is going to really be seething when she finds out we aren't relying on her to fix our AC. Also Jeff found out his dad's headstone hasn't been payed off yet and 200 is still owed. I told him I was sick of them taking their time to pay it. Jeff and I already payed about 250 or something on it so we are paying it off friday. Get this, his grandfather died in 1995. This man had 8 children and we found out last year he is still in an unmarked grave. So after his dad is done we are buying him a headstone too. His family is aweful sometimes. 8 kids and they couldn't divide the cost of a headstone? The cemetery he is in only takes flat ones which only cost a couple hundred. It's horrible. oh these people.

Below is a pic of my new tank and Homer. LOL. He totally brightens my mood.
Attached Images

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 08-26-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #107 
Shirleythebetta

P.s. Homer is sitting on my Psychology book. Helping me no doubt. Wonder why I am in therapy..... :/
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #108 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol. Good for Jeff. I like Homer and your new tank. My mom's brother's grave is unmarked. He wanted to be put in a mausoleum but his ex wife sold it and buried him instead. This happeneb back in the mid 70s.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #109 
Shirleythebetta

People are terrible. When someone dies they deserve to get their last wishes. Here's a good story. My grandma told my dad when she was on her death bed not to let his sister bury her in a dress. She was a tom boy and hated dresses. Only wore them to weddings. Well my grandma knew her daughter and she flat out told my dad (who was the oldest) that his mom was getting burried in a dress and he wasn't saying anything about it. He took the dress she picked outside and burned it! She got burried in her favorite pant suit
Old 08-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #110 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol. Good for her. With my family it's all about money. My cousin just had a big 21st birthday party for her youngest son and and we didn't get invited which is fine because they had it in a bar anyway. They posted about it on FB and I responded by saying I'm sorry I missed it. I guess my in citation got lost in the mail.