Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #121 
Shirleythebetta

Well my ignorant sis in law is 8 weeks pregnant. The idiot. I am really upset by it because they expect me to be all happy. I am not happy nor should I pretend to be. It isn't a genuine emotion I feel at this time because I know what is going to happen. She is going to lose everything and their mom is going to expect my husband to help her keep it all. I will not stand by and allow my financial situation to slip because his sister knowingly took fertility drugs and got pregnant. The little twit is sitting at her moms right now barfing from morning sickness and mad because she is barfing. Stupid.

I also can't wait until the baby shower when I have a hundred strangers ask me when I am going to have a baby. I am going to have to come up with a smart response like, "when my me and my husband reach our educational goals and have a place to live other than a rickity trailer with no heat in the winter"
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #122 
Bettanewbie60

Love the furniture..and the Autumn table is so pretty!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #123 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks I am pretty proud of it. Got some great deals on the furniture. about 1200 hundred total. The rugs and the autumn themed table was around 50 dollars all together. The carpet cleaning with the cleaner included cleaned two rooms with half a bottle left over for 45 dollars. I am a DIY gal. It's more satisfying that way I think.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #124 
Bettanewbie60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Thanks I am pretty proud of it. Got some great deals on the furniture. about 1200 hundred total. The rugs and the autumn themed table was around 50 dollars all together. The carpet cleaning with the cleaner included cleaned two rooms with half a bottle left over for 45 dollars. I am a DIY gal. It's more satisfying that way I think.
I agree totally! Aaron's is taking my living room furniture tomorrow , but hubby was out of work for like 3 weeks, and we were blessed to have it for a while anyway. At least with Aaron's we can take up where we left off on the contract...I'm thinking a lot of yard sales coming up..thank goodness I kept my old ratty chair lol!
Bettanewbie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #125 
Shirleythebetta

It's hard I know. Yard sales rock though. When you look around at them try to see furniture for what it can be not what it is currently. One of my fish chemical shelves was something I got off the side of the road for free and I love it. My house has a lot of cowboy and indian stuff when I am not decorating for the seasons of course and the beat up wood on the shelf fits perfectly with all of that. Remember if you don't like what it looks like a can of stain or spray paint can turn it in to something you love. And also people at yard sales love to haggle. If you can talk to them enough you can get them down on their prices. My new fish tank had a forty dollar sticker at an antique mall and we got it for 19 after we hagled. For 45 dollars we came out of that place with a 19 gallon fish tank a set of socket wrenches and a fishing pole. I like to talk people down on prices. I got a dish set I wanted at a thrift store for 10 bucks off the original price because my husband boxed it his self.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #126 
dramaqueen
Banned

Everything looks very nice. I love your fall decorated table. As for your sister in law, they shouldn't expect you and your husband to bail them out of their financial problems. There is nothing wrong with telling people that you don't wa t to start a family until you you feel that you're financially ready and have reached your educational goals. And if you and your husband choose to never have kids it's no one 's business but yours and your husband's.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #127 
Shirleythebetta

People around here think you are an old maid if you don't have kids at ninteen. My mother in law tryed to convince Jeff he needed to break up with me a few years ago because he was getting to old to wait for me to be ready. He was twenty seven.

We may have kids one day who knows. right now we want degrees. If we both end up with careers we may never have kids. They would complicate that.
I think there is something wrong with me though. Things that should make me feel emotion don't. I should feel something for this baby and I don't. I didn't cry when my grandparents died either. But stupid things will affect me. I've always been this way from what I remember. I'm emotionally stunted
Old 08-29-2012, 08:43 PM   #128 
dramaqueen
Banned

It might be your medication. I hate people who try to run your life. It's your life and your decision.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #129 
Shirleythebetta

Yea she is a horrible person. She can't be proud of Jeff for anything good he does. He is getting ready to move to a higher paid position in his job, he is going to go to college in January, we have a nice little home. The one she is proud of is the girl who goes to trade school, doesn't work on her house because as she puts it, "that's a mans job" and lays around and sleeps all day.

I am going to talk to my psychiatrist about my feelings. They don't match anxiety and such. Anxious people are supposed to be overly emotional. I am dead inside for things that should be happy occasions. I should be happy to get another neice or nephew to spoil.

I do hope she has a boy though. I have 5 neices and only two nephews I need some boys. A girl would be okay too though since the girls are all grown up. The girls are 18, 15, 14, 11, and 6. At least my Kloe is still young. Sigh... My nephews are 8 and 11. I think I need a little boy to play with. I just wish she would have waited. I worry about the house she lives in having no heat and her being pregnant.

She will be due in March and it's still cold then. She makes just above minimum wage and her work is talking about laying her off now that she is pregnant. She works at an old folks home so she has to lift people. Her husband only makes 9.25 an hour so yea. A baby on purpose right now is pretty stupid. Not to mention they only have one car and it's a premium gas thing that they are paying 7 grand on and they put about 3 grand in repairs on it already. The only word that comes to mind is stupid.

Here's a funny one for ya. My brother and my mother in law have their birthday at the end of March. The baby is due at the end of March and I graduate at the end of March! What a busy time.

On a happier note I decided I am going to take a year off of school after my associates and go for my MBA. I really want that Master's degree. I want it so bad I can taste it. Oh and I got my grades back from Psychology and they say A A A A A A A A A.... LOL I am so happy I was able to do so well in such a hard course.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 08-29-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #130 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow!! Congrats on your grades!! I'm very proud of you!What is your degree in? Will Jeff go to school while you take the year off?