Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #361 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you wait too long then you may not go back at all.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #362 
Shirleythebetta

That is true, very true.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #363 
Shirleythebetta

Well, good news. Apparently I have enough FASFA to cover my BA. I decided on going for a concentration in Logistics (warehouse and factory operation). So I should start again in June.

More good news, my sister in law who just had the baby decided to sign up for community college courses. I would have rather her go to University but It's better than doing nothing and more than I thought she would do. Now I'll be praying she finishes. The family has been telling me the reason she wants to go is because she saw me do it. I am glad I could help encourage someone further their education if that is true.

See I come from a family that didn't value education that much. Neither of my parents completed high school (mom did go and get her GED in her 40's). And my sister dropped out of college, my brother never went. We lived in a tiny trailer and lived on what my dad made which wasn't much. So I hope I can be a source of encouragement to my nieces and nephews. Anyone else is just a bonus. Hard work pays of kids!

Oh some more good news. My husband is getting a promotion and 70 cents more on the hour so that's good. I am thinking about going back to caregiving part time while I am in school. I can work my own hours.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #364 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good news! It looks like things are looking up. I hope your sister in law will stick with it. Just keep encouraging her. Congrats on your husband's promotion! Yay!
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #365 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks, I'm pretty excited. Things are starting to look better. Especially since I decided to be seen and not heard when I am around my in-laws. They were stressing me out so much. I decided not to try to give them advice anymore since it just falls on deaf ears. And guess what happens? My sis in law signs up for college. Maybe the trick was to keep my mouth shut? Maybe I should be quiet and she will stop treating her husband bad too...
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #366 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom is always getting things mixed up and when I try to correct her she goes ballistic.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #367 
Shirleythebetta

yea it's a human condition thing I think. Why can't people shut up and learn from thier mistakes rather than assume everyone is attacking them.

I have a new issue today. i am sick of people talking about adult things around impressionable children. This is why I am so messed up as an adult and afraid of everything. I was 8 and was staying up all night having panic attacks because my parents said they couldn't pay the bills and they could lose the house. A bit of advice to parents who think their kids don't pay attention.... THEY DO.

Plus side of today is I got some premiere cuddle time with the new baby. I love snuggling babies but he made me sleepy.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM   #368 
Shirleythebetta

Little disappointed in my sister-in-law today. She caught her husband cheating three times now in the past month and keeps making excuses as to why he is staying. I thought she was smarter than that. I don't understand why people like abuse.

I got my tickets for my graduation ceremony today. Nervous but excited. I'm more excited to start my bachelors degree though.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #369 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I'm sure it's going to be nerve wracking but you'll get through it. Congrats! I'm proud of you, my friend!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #370 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks I am getting excited. My baby nephews hair keeps getting more of a red tint. He is cute but scrawny looking baby. His hair is exactly the same as my husbands. I have gotten my garden ready to go but of course now that things are sprouting we have a frost advisory :P I have some seeds I started inside though that have sprouted. Here's to hoping I don't kill them.

I had to redo my two ten gallons. One is housing the remaining girls from my large sorority. Only four lived. The other ten hods Nero and Pyro. Pyro is in a covered breeder. They ended up having to go on my kitchen counter so that is interesting. I had to move them to make room for a large crate for my shepard to go in when we leave since he won't stay out of the trash.