Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #31 
toad

Aww he's cute! My parents had one when I was little; they got him when he was a baby and named him Zeus. Eventually, he got huge, and had to be rehomed :) Good luck with him, he's awesome!
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #32 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks I am very excited about him. He seems to be doing well so far.

School is getting annoying again. I had a team member get ahold of me on friday about the group project and talk about how she can be contacted. I am not morphing my schedule to contact her. If she doesn't work with the group I will do it myself. She isn't special and I won't treat her as such. Email me or your not within my group range! the other two members haven't contacted me yet. Ahh well.

Jeff and I just got into it again because of his sleepyness. He is a butt when he is tired. He got on me because the dogs are making to much noise. Are they my dogs? Nope they are our dogs. I am tired of being responsible for everything in this house. I am not the housewife type. I am not the cooker and cleaner type and never will be. He will have to deal with it.

Update on the frogs upgrade. They seems to be doing well in the five gallon. The fat frog is everywhere in there. Only problem is I can't get the filter to work right so I am going to have to tweak that.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #33 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldn't make a good housewife, either. Lol. I don't do much cooking and I hate cleaning. Lol I don't really mind vaccuuming and mopping but I hate dusting and I'm not about to get down on my knees to clean floors because I have bad knees.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #34 
Shirleythebetta

Being a housewife makes me feel like a slave. I hate it with a passion. I just wish I could find a job that can work around school until I graduate in March. Thats the only difficulty. If I could at least get a job I could get out and get the heck away from my husband and my dogs! haha. I need to get out of school and make enough to hire a maid -_-
Old 07-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #35 
toad

Haha... Glad your frogs are happy!

Some of us gals just aren't housewives. I can barely boil water! I can bake stuff, but that's because I love sweets. Can't cook to save my life. But I do clean a lot; I have to vacuum every day because the puppy sheds so much. Even with daily vacuuming, my vacuum canister is full of dog hair. Gross. And, I love my rats, but rat urine is particularly nasty, and they like to kick poo out of their litter boxes. *sigh* Bad girls.

I say don't worry about those people in your class! You're not in school to give THEM a good grade. Do your best, and get the best grade you can, and forget about them :D
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #36 
Shirleythebetta

Thanks Toad. I remember the rat poop kick too. I miss my rats. I would like to have another pair but man I already have an aquarium/dog rescue here. I had this one rat named Zues that had one albino eye and one black eye. She was all grey but she had a patch of white over the albino eye. Her mom was a fancy and her dad an albino. I miss her.

The new tablet is a winner with hubby. He played need for speed for an hour on it which is weird for him. He doesn't like video games because of his wrist injury. He had his left hand 90% severed and was lucky to gain mobility back in it. He just can't move his fingers normaly and is very limited so controllers aren't his friend. With the tablet however there are no buttons. the car accelerates on his own so he is diggin' it. All he has to do is tilt the tablet to turn the car. It's a great invention for him. He can at least have a hobby. WIFI is supposed to get here UPS tomorrow or Tuesday so that should be cool. Oh and I got my deans list certificate last week. It got hung up today with a note from my dean sending me congrats on my sucess and prayers for my continued sucess. I thought that was really nice of her.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #37 
dramaqueen
Banned

You made the dean's list! Yay!! * jumps up and down and celebrates*
Old 07-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #38 
Shirleythebetta

This is the third time! 2 more and I made it every semester. *cheers! woo woo woo!*
Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #39 
Shirleythebetta

Well, I went to therapy today and that was very enlightening. I discussed with her why it seems that some people get an enflated ego when they go to college. I had a girl today that told the Professor she prayed we would let her educate us. Her meaning the student.

Tank is doing good. He seems to be getting confident in his tank all alone. He is flipping his dorsel up when I come near now which I love. I think he is going to do well. He gets his first partial water change and some gravel afterwards tomorrow.

Me and my husband planned a trip to go to the conservatory so that should be fun. They have glass blowing demonstrations there and a butterfly house. We are both into entimology and horticulture (i think that's how they are spelled.) We are very boring 20 somethings. We don't drink or smoke and we like bugs and plants -_- ahh well, we like it. Gotta go feed everybody Wanda's giving me the stink eye.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #40 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's easier to feed fish than people. Lol Yeah, I hate when people start this "well I have a degree in _____ so everyone should listen to me because I know it all ".