Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #21 
teeneythebetta

8 liters = 2 gallons. Which is an OK size.

If you are cycling your tank, you never do 100% changes. If you are NOT cycling your tank, you MUST do 100% water changes.

If youre not cycling, I'd reccomend you do 2 water changes per week- 1 100% change and 1 50% change.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #22 
LebronTheBetta

You've been doing great so far!! Welcome BTW. ;)
4 liters is a gallon, so you have 2 gallons for your little fishy. It's enough so don't worry. From your picture of Larry and what you describe, he sounds like a Black Orchid CT. I'm jealous. :P Those are really beautiful and I always wanted a CT that color. Since you have a filter, I suggest not to do a 100% change but it can be done. It's just some of the BB, (beneficial bacteria) is in your gravel and it's going to die if washed in chlorine. Welcome again, and if you have questions, feel free to post. ^^
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #23 
BettaKat

Thanks guys! Yes I was thinking of doing 50% water changes during the week, when I get home from work, then doing the 100% water changes on the weekends... phew! Its hard work, but I LOVE IT!

Larry is so cute... he watches me then when I put my face close to the tank he reverses to his "hiding spot" and just sticks his head out to see me like "I see you but you can't see me"... he's got such a cute personality I think... so shy! Wants to just swim and have fun, but I mustn't watch him... hehe!

I hope he will be happy with me... and I hope he lives really long! hehe!
BettaKat is offline   Reply With Quote