Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #11 
914joe

Thanks i still have the cup that he came in i will try to get him there i hope i can do this without him jumping out or injuring him ,i will remove the silk plant i and statue to make it a little easier to catch him .iI took another reading of the water in the new tank it is tap water that i just treated here is a pic and the new tank is in the back round,does that look okay.
Attached Images

914joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #12 
LizzyP

That looks yellow to me, but sometimes I have a hard time determining the color of these things. 0ppm is your ideal ammonia level, so if you're getting readings of 1.0ppm or higher, you need to do more frequent changes.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #13 
teeneythebetta

It looks 0 to me, that's a good sign. Just keep testing your water, dont let it get over .25 ppm.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #14 
914joe

Thank you very much to all of you for helping me out ,i took another test with the water from the new tank this is what i got, i think it's okay i ,i took your advice and used the cup he came in and i caught him ,he started freaking out i did not have enough water in the cup i was able to get some more in there.He looks really stressed out ,he want's out of that small cup.how long should i wait to let him out.I hate that i have to put some of that dirty water from the cup but i guess much better than where he was.I have one silk plant and a statue can that were in his bowl can i just rinse them with warm water and put them in the new tank .
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #15 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914joe View Post
Thank you very much to all of you for helping me out ,i took another test with the water from the new tank this is what i got, i think it's okay i ,i took your advice and used the cup he came in and i caught him ,he started freaking out i did not have enough water in the cup i was able to get some more in there.He looks really stressed out ,he want's out of that small cup.how long should i wait to let him out.I hate that i have to put some of that dirty water from the cup but i guess much better than where he was.I have one silk plant and a statue can that were in his bowl can i just rinse them with warm water and put them in the new tank .
I would let his cup float in the tank for 30 minutes. Be sure to feel the cup water and the new water with your finger just to make sure it feels about the same before releasing him. That little bit of water won't make much of a difference, no worries. He will be very happy to have ammonia free water :)
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #16 
914joe

Here he is he is freaking out , how long should i let him float in there.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #17 
914joe

Okay thanks teenythe betta it's been about 20 minutes now i will wait another 10 thanks.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Don't worry about him freaking out. I'm pretty sure every betta does that- my two girls do as well. He will be fine. I'd love to see pics of him once he's in his new home c:

BTW what does your thermometer say?
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #19 
914joe

Thanks again i will post a as soon as i release him .
Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #20 
LittleBettaFish

Glad to hear you did a water change. My bettas hated getting cupped for water changes so don't worry about him being slightly stressed. Much better to be stressed for a little bit than to be exposed to ammonia.

It shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes for the temperature to stabilise in his container since there is only a small amount of water present.

He is quite a handsome looking boy. I used to have one with similar colouring. Be sure to post some more pictures of him up.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote