Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #21 
914joe

Thanks again for all the help ,here is a little video clip of him on youtube in his new home.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxiC296VvxA&feature=plcp
914joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #22 
teeneythebetta

Aww what a cutie. I'm sure he is very happy!!

Like I said, you should probably need two water changes per week- 1 50% change & 1 100% change. Unless of course your ammonia level requires an additional change.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #23 
914joe

I think he is okay he swimming around so i guess he is fine ,what are the symptoms if he were to go into shock.Now that i have this ammonia tester how often do you think i should test his water, and do you think it's okay to rinse off the gravel that i had in his bowl and put it in his new tank.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914joe View Post
I think he is okay he swimming around so i guess he is fine ,what are the symptoms if he were to go into shock.Now that i have this ammonia tester how often do you think i should test his water, and do you think it's okay to rinse off the gravel that i had in his bowl and put it in his new tank.
I wasn't sure myself so I looked it up. Here's a discussion on temperature shock symptoms... If he were shocked he would show signs immediately, so don't worry. Based on that video, he is perfectly fine! http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ck-113635.html

I would test your ammonia in between changes. Yes, you can rinse your gravel & add it to the new tank.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #25 
LittleBettaFish

I would test daily so you can get a feel for how often and how much you need to change the water in your tank.

I know everyone uses OFL's 1 50% and 1 100% guidelines, but I always feel each tank is different and you should depend on your test kits to make up your own schedule.

If your betta had shock it would probably be laying on the bottom, breathing very heavily and showing visible signs of stress. I have never had a betta go into shock and I am pretty slack with acclimatising. Most healthy bettas should be able to deal with a small difference in temperature and pH.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #26 
914joe

will do ,thanks and thanks for the link on shock ,he was all over the place for a while when i first released him ,he has since slowed down i guess he is alright ,i gave him about 35 min in floating in the cup before releasing him .
Old 07-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #27 
914joe

I said i would post a pic, so here is a pic of him in his new temporary home,soon he will be moving into a mansion a 6.6 gallon home.
Attached Images