Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #21 
Pataflafla

Well, she's learned her place with my sister's female cat. they had one staring contest and now Silver won't even look at her. but to be fair this was the same cat that was raised by a rottweiler and raised a rottweiler in turn. She doesn't take any crap.

She's a little worse with my sister's male cat because he panics and shows it.

Her worst is with Panini because she can't get up on anything so she's ground level. so she's going to learn the basics with Inky, then step up to Darko, and finally Panini.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #22 
Pataflafla

Oh, and to answer what her motivator is: It's food. She's so food motivated it's crazy. we started with clicker training and got the clicker loaded up in under 10 clicks.

She's been taught sit, stay, and down at some point because she got all that when I was offering food as a reward. Now to just get her to respond to her name too.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #23 
Pataflafla

Time for pictures!

She got a check up at the vet. She's got some sores on her feet from the wet concrete kennel and a funny sounding lung (Which is common to have deformities in deep chested breeds), possible kennel cough though early if she does get it, and a possibly bladder infection starting.

So she's gonna be kept clean and dry and stay inside to work on basics while she heals up. She's already figured out that we expect her to sit when we stop walking with the leash and it's only been 2 minutes.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #24 
teeneythebetta

Awee she must be so excited to have a home. I bet she's adoring all the attention.

Sorry to hear about her health state. I'm glad to hear you're taking it responsibly and treating her for it... I've heard of way too many people not properly vetting their dogs. Actually my dad is one of those people. :(
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #25 
Pataflafla

Well, my sister works at a vet, so we made the appointment for her before we even adopted her. And she knows the doctors there since she works as kennel and tech.

We're just upset that she was vaccinated through a very shady and unreliable veterinarian. they don't clean the surgical equipment between spays/neuters.

We were also looking through her paperwork and very displeased to find that in the time she was there, she lost 8 pounds. Over 1 pound a week.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #26 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
Well, my sister works at a vet, so we made the appointment for her before we even adopted her. And she knows the doctors there since she works as kennel and tech.

We're just upset that she was vaccinated through a very shady and unreliable veterinarian. they don't clean the surgical equipment between spays/neuters.

We were also looking through her paperwork and very displeased to find that in the time she was there, she lost 8 pounds. Over 1 pound a week.
That's awful. I can't stand shelters like that.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #27 
Pataflafla

That's why it's been handed over for the city to take care of. They were literally forced to give up the shelter to the city because they were doing so bad.

And surprisingly, this is actually improved from what it was.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #28 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane21 View Post
Hi All,
I have got a new puppy from OneClick pet supplie.
I want to train my puppy to do not pee inside my room? Anybody have any advice.
Thanks!!

animal medicines
Is one click pet supplie a pet store/online pet store? You probably got a poorly bred puppy from a puppy mill.

Is the puppy just peeing on the floor or is it peeing on specific items? Be sure to clean up the pee VERY good otherwise he may pee in the same spot repeatedly. How often do you take him outside?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #29 
Pataflafla

Well, she's on her last chance already. She's very intent on the cats.

Sunday we'll be taking her to wear her out until she can't go anymore and then try again with introducing the cats.

I hope she works out, but we can't have her losing it over getting to a cat. She's not trying to nip or bite, but as soon as she moves she's right on them and ignoring if she's getting swatted. The cats were here first, so it's either learn or she's done.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 AM   #30 
Pataflafla

Silver has terrible recall. she escaped tonight when my sister, stupidly might I add) brought her outside without her leash and let go of her collar for just a second to open then door. she took off, squeezed through the fence and ran.

Took twenty minutes to run her down to the point where she was too tired to go anymore. Finally managed to corner her and grab her collar, but she was too tired to walk across the street. Luckily I had some more oomph left and carried her across to wait for my sister with the car.

She needs major recall work since she ignored us the entire time she was out. Didn't even look our way and darted anytime we got close.