Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2012, 11:40 PM   #11 
colorxmexravyne

deleted the pictures cause they were blurry and totally unhelpful.

Last edited by colorxmexravyne; 07-25-2012 at 11:49 PM.
colorxmexravyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #12 
reggie oaks

Smile Good pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorxmexravyne View Post
i have! multiple times! (: when i was researching them, that was my go-to site. i'm pretty sure that i have the diffusa, i just wanted to know how much they eat/what else they eat.

edit: this is the best i could get for now. it's not very helpful...

Are you kidding? This picture is great, maybe not for identification purposes, but I definitely like it. I suppose we have the same kind of snail.It is a scavenger in all the extension of the word. I suspect its preffered food is vegetation Vegetables, wil have to try carrots and stuff like that.

Last edited by reggie oaks; 07-25-2012 at 11:54 PM.
reggie oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #13 
colorxmexravyne

^ another one from my phone from the day i got him. i think this would help the most.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #14 
colorxmexravyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie oaks View Post
Are you kidding? This picture is great, maybe not for identification purposes, but I definitely like it. I suppose we have the same kind of snail.It is a scavenger in all the extension of the word. I suspect its preffered food is vegetation Vegetables, wil have to try carrots and stuff like that.
haha, well thanks. sooo, i should try carrots then? am i supposed to blanch those, too?
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #15 
Tikibirds

I feed my trapdoor snails and my 1 black mystery snail cucumbers or zucchini. However alot of times I end up having to toss the veggie because they won't eat it and it rots in the water. I also feed them "tank nibblers". I get them at walmart and they stick to the side of the wall.

http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-Tank-Nib...=Tank+nibblers

I drop in 2-3 a day plus fresh veggies but I also have 2 giant wild trapdoor snails and about 30 babies in the tank plus the one mystery snail.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #16 
colorxmexravyne

so, what would you recommend for just ONE mystery snail? i can't seem to find a good feeding schedule for him. :/

Last edited by colorxmexravyne; 07-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #17 
cjconcepcion

i think i stalked this thread long enough... i started a new thread with my question but no one seems to have answered it... ive got my mystery snail in my spawn tank right now, theres lots and lots of plant matter in there, oak leaves, banana leaves, indian almond leaves, and some live plants, do i still need to give him wafers and veggies?
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #18 
TheCrabbyTabby

CJ, I would supplement a veggie, like blanched carrots or cucumber, or an algae wafer every once in a while, if you feel that its current source of food is not enough. If the snail doesn't eat it completely within a set amount of time, remove it and let them feed on whatever is in the tank for a while.

Ravyne, I usually don't have a set schedule for feeding my mystery snails. I usually just throw in something like a veggie or two a few times a week. Some people even like putting them in a separate tank to feed them, to minimize the food waste polluting the water of the main tank.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #19 
colorxmexravyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
CJ, I would supplement a veggie, like blanched carrots or cucumber, or an algae wafer every once in a while, if you feel that its current source of food is not enough. If the snail doesn't eat it completely within a set amount of time, remove it and let them feed on whatever is in the tank for a while.

Ravyne, I usually don't have a set schedule for feeding my mystery snails. I usually just throw in something like a veggie or two a few times a week. Some people even like putting them in a separate tank to feed them, to minimize the food waste polluting the water of the main tank.
Okay. I just feel like mine NEVER eats. And there's not really that much in my tank. At least, I don't see any algae or anything. I've been offering him spinach and algae wafers for the past two days, but he won't eat it. I guess I'll keep trying? Thanks.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #20 
cjconcepcion

do all the leaves and such count as food for him though?
cjconcepcion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple snail, mystery snail