Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #1 
Seki

My Little Pro Wrestler Wannabe~

So I got a new fish at Petsmart Tuesday, and he is one GORGEOUS little guy. He doesn't seem all that aggressive (I've yet to see him flare... not even at a finger or a mirror) except for ONE little quirk... he bodyslams his plants! I've never seen anything like it, although I have to say, it's pretty cute! I wonder if this is his way of telling me he doesn't like them, though?

Here's what he'll do... he lines up with a plant and touches his face to it, then whips around, slams his side into it, and darts away. Sometimes he'll dart around for a couple minutes between the two plants, slamming into them, darting away, slamming into the other... and repeat. And then he'll settle and either float near the top or hang out under his bridge. Sometimes he even hangs out under one of the very plants he was just attacking! It's not rubbing, either, it seems like a precise strike and then he darts away. Funny little fish!

So has anyone ever seen this before? Just curious... I don't think it's harmful, but I'm wondering if there are any other little pro wrestler wannabes out there! :)
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #2 
OrangeAugust

LOL that's cute!
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote