Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #1 
VivaLaVeda

Buying a new Betta...

Since my only fish died a few days ago, I'm going to go buy a new one today. My only store option to buy one from is really petco since I live in a small city, we don't have much here. The thing is, I really want a cool looking betta (like a crown tail) but every time I look at the fish in my petco, they're all just line of boring veiltales. Does every petco sell a variety of bettas? Because mine doesn't seem too :O. Should I look harder? :P
VivaLaVeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:03 PM   #2 
katrina89

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaLaVeda View Post
Since my only fish died a few days ago, I'm going to go buy a new one today. My only store option to buy one from is really petco since I live in a small city, we don't have much here. The thing is, I really want a cool looking betta (like a crown tail) but every time I look at the fish in my petco, they're all just line of boring veiltales. Does every petco sell a variety of bettas? Because mine doesn't seem too :O. Should I look harder? :P
ask them when their shipment comes in
katrina89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #3 
LebronTheBetta

Search for more Petcos! My Petsmart has CTs, VTs, they say they have HMs but I never saw them. They also have Dragonscales, but they were female and I was looking forward to males for my 1st one. Do you have a local fish store? I do.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #4 
VivaLaVeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Search for more Petcos! My Petsmart has CTs, VTs, they say they have HMs but I never saw them. They also have Dragonscales, but they were female and I was looking forward to males for my 1st one. Do you have a local fish store? I do.
The only thing I have is petco D: if I were to search for more per stores, I'd probably have to go out of the city and I don't think I have the time to do that :/
Old 07-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
The only thing I have is petco D: if I were to search for more per stores, I'd probably have to go out of the city and I don't think I have the time to do that :/
I feel bad for you. Do you have lots of money? What about Aquabid? There's a lot of selections there. ^^
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #6 
VivaLaVeda

Quote:
I feel bad for you. Do you have lots of money? What about Aquabid? There's a lot of selections there. ^^
Yea aquabid is too expensive and I'm kinda nervous about fish being sent in the mail :O petco's website has crown tails to buy online, but I'm still not into the idea of a fish being in the mail in a package :P and I'm too cheap to pay for overnight shipping >.< so I just have to stick to the store :/
Old 07-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #7 
WildFlower

^+1 AquaBid has tons of beautiful betta's that you can choose from. They seem to never run out of them too. So if you have the money, that is a great option if you're LPS doesn't have good selections.
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Yea aquabid is too expensive and I'm kinda nervous about fish being sent in the mail :O petco's website has crown tails to buy online, but I'm still not into the idea of a fish being in the mail in a package :P and I'm too cheap to pay for overnight shipping >.< so I just have to stick to the store :/
It's really safe!! Don't worry. I can't afford them either. I'm only gonna buy there if I'm going to breed. Sorry about your selections. At least you can still pick out VTs. Hardly anyone wants them so they're stuck in the store. :/ You'll be there hero!! :D
Old 07-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #9 
VivaLaVeda

Quote:
It's really safe!! Don't worry. I can't afford them either. I'm only gonna buy there if I'm going to breed. Sorry about your selections. At least you can still pick out VTs. Hardly anyone wants them so they're stuck in the store. :/ You'll be there hero!! :D
Haha yea I guess. My past fish was a veil tail :P he was a pretty color combo but he never spread out his tail/fins so you never could really see it Dx
Old 07-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Haha yea I guess. My past fish was a veil tail :P he was a pretty color combo but he never spread out his tail/fins so you never could really see it Dx
Sorry about your other fish. I guess you have to keep on searching then. If you have hope, you'll succeed. :) Even if they're 'Just' VTs, you can still find the one you have a connection with. I don't know what I'll do without Lebron. He's my CT. ^^ He has a hunchback, though. :(