Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 
JadeAngel

Question New here. My betta

Hi there. I am new to this site. I have always had at least 1 betta most of my life but went without when I moved abroad for 4 years. I moved back to the states, and when cleaning out my basement last week I found my old 2 gallon hexagonal acrylic tank. (actually, I don't know if it's 1.6 or 2 gallon. It is 10.5" tall).

So I got a betta. Found one I loved (blue and red half moon double tail male) went home to decide if I wanted to spend more $$ for a nice betta, went back the next day and he was gone. I found this guy there that I overlooked the day before. His body is silver, one fin (forgive me but I don't know what that one is called) is solid red, and his tail and other fins are a lilac color. He is a double tail and his eyes are big and yellow.

Ok, so this photo does him no justice at all. He doesn't have a tint of blue, even though it seems like it in the photo. Maybe it's because the acrylic of his tank is all scratched. In good lighting his fins are a solid lilac color towards the center and a lighter color towards the edges. He does have light red highlights on his bottom fin.

When I got him, his head looked nearly black and he was so nervous and shy. In only a few days it has lightened up to match his body and he's become as bold as to "cuddle" my hand when I was putting a plant in his tank for him!

His body is shiny silver (and in the light it looks light a light lilac color). Is that what's called a dragon betta?

Anyway, he's enchanted my husband, and he sits happily ontop of my jewelery tower (low enough for my 3 year old daughter to admire him but high enough for her to not harrass him ) I just can't decide on a name right now either, which is why I haven't used a name to refer to him yet XD
Attached Images

Last edited by JadeAngel; 07-31-2012 at 09:37 AM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #2 
FireKidomaru

He looks very nice!! I love his color!! I would suggest names, but i am at a loss of names for your betta :) hes just so pretty :)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #3 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
Anyway, he's enchanted my husband, and he sits happily ontop of my jewelery tower
Merlin? Prospero?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #4 
OrangeAugust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
he's become as bold as to "cuddle" my hand when I was putting a plant in his tank for him!
Hehe Lanai almost did that too the day after I got him. I stuck my hand in there to put in a plant and he swam right over to my hand! but by the time he almost got to me, I was pushing the plant into the gravel and it made a loud racket and he swam away really quickly.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Welcome to the forum and he is very pretty ! Luke came to mind as a name for some reason. Best of wishes to you and new pretty boy !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #6 
JadeAngel

Actually, I found a picture I took yesterday while he was napping. It doesn't show his face but it shows his colors very well :)
Attached Images

JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote