Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #21 
lelei

Then just say..to have a happy fish look healthy and amazing you will need this..and this.. and that will actually help petco bring in money and people who want betta's will buy all the right size tanks, heaters, and everythign..and bring someone else with you, who will say yes,

I used to keep my fish in a small tank, even if its not true,,and they can say then I moved him into a 3gal or a 5 gal and he is doing much better, and just casually walk around and give helpful tips and information..who knows we could turn this around and Help people with facts..that we can share..

to Educate those who are coming to the event.. Does anyone know if Atena is done with her new Care sheet..we need to contact her:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #22 
WildFlower

^+1 to lelei. Does this happen at every Petco? Or is it just at certain ones?
I think if anything Petco and Petsmart would be appreciative that we will spend MORE money on tanks and supplies the betta's need. I mean, the employees always tell people that they only need the 1/2 gallon tank that's what 5 dollars? When people should be buying at least the 2.5 gallon tank for 20 dollars. We would be giving them more money, so what's the problem with banning the in-expensive tanks that are to small? They would gain more money anyway.
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #23 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFlower View Post
^+1 to lelei. Does this happen at every Petco? Or is it just at certain ones?
I think if anything Petco and Petsmart would be appreciative that we will spend MORE money on tanks and supplies the betta's need. I mean, the employees always tell people that they only need the 1/2 gallon tank that's what 5 dollars? When people should be buying at least the 2.5 gallon tank for 20 dollars. We would be giving them more money, so what's the problem with banning the in-expensive tanks that are to small? They would gain more money anyway.
Yup, that is how I see it, this is actually the pefect opportunity to go all out and Educate, educate, and get the proper info out there, and blow it up..so everyone will know how to Really take care of a Bettafish..I don't know if it's at all Petco's but we can call our local ones to see..I am going to..
Old 07-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #24 
bettasloveme

It looks like certain ones. I have been trying to find the event with no avail nearby me... I may just bring photos of my 2.5 and my 10 gallon set up on a itouch or something and show people that walk by how great they can be. :D
bettasloveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #25 
puppyrjjkm

Event is this weekend! Who's going? I plan on stopping by mine today and just see what it's all about.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #26 
LittleWatty

I wish I could go, but I have to work, and had no way to switch with someone :( I hope some other Wisconsinites will be at the Plover or Wausau Petco to set people straight!
LittleWatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #27 
a123andpoof

I would go, but I have work, and my car died. Great.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #28 
puppyrjjkm

I went but apparently all Petco's systems shut down today? So you couldn't buy anything unless you had exact payment, and the event wasn't going on.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #29 
lelei

It was at our local Petco, and It was aggrivating, and I brought some of our own Care sheets, and talked to a few people who were really convinced that only a 1/4 gallon was needed..for a Male betta..and I showed them my pix..and passed out some of the other care sheets, and hopefully it helped..uggh..trying to help people understand something that is told to them by a complete stranger, that is correct as opposed to a Pet store employess who knows squat..is sooo aggrivating..
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #30 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Oh lelei, I'm sorry it didn't go smoother. You are brave and sweet for trying.

I was thinking I may start a thread asking people to share info on places all around the country who DO treat bettas well and are informed. I have an excellent one I was just at today again. But just knowing one place in a forum where the entire country can be on . . that's not enough. I think it would be great if there was a way to share good businesses. Good local businesses .. tell anyone whose "location" is your state or city. Or tell each other about good breeders .. anywhere. Tell each other where to join local groups who sell or give away stock that doesn't make show quality . .. etc.

It would be good if we just share that info. I haven't figured out a good way to do that yet except tonight I thought maybe I would add my favorite local fish store at my signature? It's just hard because we are all from different parts of the country or different countries.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote