Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #1 
Cormasaurus

My Betta is dying :(

I came home today and he wasn't swimming around in his corner that he goes to whenever I come home. He's laying under a lily plant and the leaves look like he's eaten some of them. Did they make him sick? I feed him plenty every day and change his water regularly. He's trying to swim up but just falls back down to the bottom and crawls around. What can I do? I plan on lowering the water level and changing the water, but I don't want to stress him too much..
Cormasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:03 PM   #2 
KcSaf

well, dogs and cats eat leaves/grass to HELP their digestive systems, however i have absolutely no idea if that rule applies to fish. i hope he is feeling better soon!
KcSaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #3 
Cormasaurus

Okay, he's up and swimming in his corner. I thought maybe he was just resting, something I've never really seen before, so I tried to feed him. He would dart toward the food and miss, and look at me like I'm playing a trick on him or something, like he can't see what's right in front of him.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #4 
LizzyP

Try tapping on the pellet to help him see it.
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #5 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormasaurus View Post
Okay, he's up and swimming in his corner. I thought maybe he was just resting, something I've never really seen before, so I tried to feed him. He would dart toward the food and miss, and look at me like I'm playing a trick on him or something, like he can't see what's right in front of him.
Do his eyes look weird at all? Cloudy or something? Also has anything in
His tank changed recently?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #6 
Cormasaurus

His eyes look fine, and nothing has changed in the past few weeks. I added some synthetic plants to help his tail biting boredom around the fourth of july. He seems fine now though. He ate perfectly just now. Maybe he was just really groggy/sleepy and I caught him in the middle of a nap or something. Time for bed for that little guy. :D
Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #7 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormasaurus View Post
His eyes look fine, and nothing has changed in the past few weeks. I added some synthetic plants to help his tail biting boredom around the fourth of july. He seems fine now though. He ate perfectly just now. Maybe he was just really groggy/sleepy and I caught him in the middle of a nap or something. Time for bed for that little guy. :D
Aww:) I hope that was all. Let us know if he's back to his usual self tomorrow :)
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:14 AM   #8 
CharStarr

I hope he's okay!
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 AM   #9 
tanseattle

I have a King from petco has similar condition. I did not know what to do so I took him out into smaller 1 gal container and treat him with antibiotic for 5 days. Today is the last day. I chance water. But about 3 days ago he got very itchy so I also treat him with natural Indian Bay Tree extract (He seems to like this extract).

I would lower the water level and change water. I would use aquarium first for 3-4 days to see what happen from there. My king betta is now swimming around today after 5 day treatment. Your betta may be different.

Yesterday he was still not active. Today is the last treatment for him. He looks more active today than a week ago. But he seems to enjoy the Indian Bay Tree extract for itchy I decide to keep him 4 more days with the extract. He already had 3 days. Prescription calls for 7 days. Four more days I will release back to his 5 gal tank.

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #10 
tanseattle

My King was looked and acted like an old man. He just parked in one place hardly move. The problem is that I have not seen he poopoo in the last two days. May be because I feed him less in the last 3 days.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote