Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #11 
WildFlower

^+1 I think that would be ideal. As long as they fallow 'KcSaf's Guide to Betta Fish Keeping'-by Kazumi Tamazaki I think I made a pretty good pamphlet!!...and they don't repeat the sink incident that happened last week. They should be fine and Osore should be in clean water!
WildFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #12 
KcSaf

i have taken LizzyP's advice and will pre-condition the water! and have also made them a list of things to do! so very Kazumi-like of me to do, but very necessary. thanks for all your advice you guys, its super helpful!
KcSaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #13 
WildFlower

*Make sure you give them my instructions too!*
Old 07-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #14 
KcSaf

So i cleaned out two vases with water and clorox bleach, then thought to myself: "Well, since im in a cleaning mood, i might as well attempt at cleaning out that bigger bowl..." so i grab the bowl and see that not only is there a spider but also spiderwebs! then i decided i might want to try saving the rocks, and also bleach them, and i reach in with some tongs (yea yea im a chicken get over it, but there is NO way i am reaching in there with my hands!) i prepare a glass bowl to put the rocks in and find that there is a spider on the surface of the rocks on the edge of the bowl, which i think about with suspicion because the spider i saw earlier was in the middle, and should be buried in rocks... so without looking at it, i grab it with the tongs, and throw it in the trash. i was then so proud of myself because i overcame my fear! i continued grabbing rocks and placing them in the bowl, then thought "this is silly, the spider is gone so just pour the rest of the rocks in the bowl!" as i pick up the bowl, i look inside... and what do you know, there is that spider, right in the middle. Yup, there were TWO, so obviously i almost drop the tank but manage to set it down, then go into the living room to hyperventalate by myself. and here i am telling you, THE END...for now
Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #15 
WildFlower

So there were THREE spiders in the tank? That must have been a surprise. So are you going to transfer Osore into the bigger tank before you leave for you're trip?
Old 07-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #16 
KcSaf

no, there were two, and if i put him in the 2.5, i would have to rewrite the whole checklist! i kinda want to though, but then i wouldnt know how often to change the water... how about i put him in the big one now, then have my family do one 50% water change in the middle of the week. after i get back, i will do a 100% water change sound ok?
Old 07-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #17 
teeneythebetta

I think that you should take everyone's advice above, make a VERY detailed list for a family member. I think they would be more likely to care for him properly if you paid them. Even something like $10.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #18 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcSaf View Post
no, there were two, and if i put him in the 2.5, i would have to rewrite the whole checklist! i kinda want to though, but then i wouldnt know how often to change the water... how about i put him in the big one now, then have my family do one 50% water change in the middle of the week. after i get back, i will do a 100% water change sound ok?
For a 2.5 gal that should be okay. Make sure you clean his tank the day you get back. :)

Does he have a heater in his tank? If so be sure your family members know to unplug the heater before cleaning. Also make sure they know to acclimate him by floating him in the tank to adjust to the new temperature.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #19 
KcSaf

i kinda wish i had a heater, but unfortunately, i dont. also, i dont think i really have enough money for new rocks, and a heater. i have the floating bit on the list already, so they know about that... i also havent packed yet and am leaving tomorrow morning hehehe...
Old 07-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #20 
xjenuhfur

Honestly, and I know this goes against everything that's been said, I've left Goblin by himself for a week while I went on vacation for a week. He's got a 4 gallon tank, but he's since been transferred to a 2.5 gallon, I just do a 100% change the morning I leave. If you don't feed - minimal poo.

If you want family to feed him, you can use a daily pill reminder to regulate how much they want to feed him. :) also, gross on the spider. I would so not use it just cuz of the spider! Theygivemetheheebyjeebies.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote