Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #11 
lelei
Member
 
lelei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Haverhill, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkLover View Post
Lelei, it sounds like you have an AMAZING connection with your fishies! They both sound like puppies the way you describe them. :)
I beleive it's true, they are underwater doggies, if they had a tail, you would see it wagging every time we come to greet them, I spend a lot of time talking to my fishies, and playing with them, by having them follow my finger, or I will go to one side of the tank, and literally play peek a boo, I see em looking for me, and then they spot me, and just swim toward me with such cuteness, in their eyes, I have been doing this since I first got Sammy, and now with Sapphire, but I beleive this is what makes a betta fish so unique, unlike any other fish..they respond to humans like a dog or cat would, and have unique personalities, that no other fish has
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #12 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelei View Post
Oh I just love this Lebron..There are so many things that make each one of them special..Let me start with Sapphire, because he is a rescue fishy..and is thriving and showing color changes, and he just has something very special about him, he is active, energetic, and loves attention, he is now flaring-full flaring at my finger, or when he sees his reflection, he is like a lil snake, loves to slither his VT body around his plants, he loves to let his ventrals drop now, so when he rests on his plants or his spongebob pinapple, his ventrals hang so pretty in the water, he is almost affectionate, when I put in the food, he loves to jump, and high for the pellet, and then when I put my finger in he used to grab at it, now he just rubs up against it, it is the cutest lil thing, and I swear he knows I saved him, and he's thanking me:) I just adore this lil guy, so much he brings me happiness, and I return the favor..:)


For Sammy, I love him - he's our first fishy, and he is very special..he has grown, and he knows his name, when we call him, or talk to him, you would swear he's talking back, and having a conversation with us, and he also loves to jump for joy..especially when it's feeding time, and always comes to the window, as well as Sapphire when we peek in to see what he is doing, he is loving his new tank, and it fits him so well now, when we first put him in, he looked lost, now he just adores his new Floating log, and for the first time, he is full flaring as well, he hold a very special place in my heart, as well as Sapphire, and I just love both my fishies...
No problem! It's awesome to hear how special our fishes are! When I call Lebron his name, he replies. :) He always flares at everything. ^^
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #13 
SpookyTooth
Member
 
SpookyTooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
I love these kinds of topics, they make my day just that little bit brighter!

Kaze is a very mellow fish, the only time he considers flaring (and half heartedly I would add) is when I do the positively atrocious deed of placing my finger flush up against the glass of his side of the aquarium! The dirty look he gives me is hilarious and he puffs his gills up very, very slightly... not enough to be threatening. He's a very sweet fish and isn't afraid to nom at the glass when he sees me, as well as "snuggling" up against the moss pads I've attached to the divider. He's such a gentle soul. I look forward to rescaping his side of the aquarium next week, if nothing else he's earned it and I'm sure he'll love what I've got prepared.

He was the first animal I took into my care and have cared for almost independantly, with the exception of needing help with water changes. When I'm having a bad day with my medical condition or just a general bad day as we all have he is there and wiggles his socks off at the slightest hint of seeing me or my feet (the tank is at the end of my bed).

Echo is a little firecracker. When I first purchased him he was the friendliest little fish in the world, swam right over to me and started wiggling at the store. Since learning more about him I honestly think of him like a teenage boy who is constantly trying to show off for his friends. He's always flaring at something and parading around with his fins all puffed out - he's an absolutely stunning animal. I don't think he's stressed, he just seems to be a bit of a grump. I'll be rearranging his side of the aquarium once I've recovered from doing Kaze's and I hope that lets him know he can relax a little.

He too likes to swim over when he sees my feet... then flares. He also likes to size up my cat and flare, parade and puff up as much as he can whenever this giant furball with no meow comes over to say hello or sits and chills at the end of my bed watching these bizarre, brightly coloured scales of insanity.
SpookyTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #14 
Freyja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
I love how bitchy and snobbish Freyja is. She's not remarkable colorwise or tailwise -I think veiltail- but her personality and mine mesh so well. She's great for work stress relief.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #15 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I love how bitchy and snobbish Freyja is. She's not remarkable colorwise or tailwise -I think veiltail- but her personality and mine mesh so well. She's great for work stress relief.
Remember, no cuss words!! She must be pretty feisty. Does that mean you are, too? I mean you said that your personalities mesh well.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #16 
Seki
Member
 
Seki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I love hearing about everyone's bettas! I'll admit, I want to brag a little bit about my own betta~

Drago is a hilarious little dude, and I'm learning more about him every day. He is a very relaxed fish, but he gets pretty excited at feeding time. When he notices my fingers in the feed slot at the top of the tank, he spreads his fins out and gets all excited watching my hand. One of these days I feel like he might end up jumping at my fingers, silly little guy! And I have seen him sleep in the cutest places. He has one little spot he's found between the leaves of one of his plants where he is almost completely hidden from my view. The first time he found it, I couldn't find him for probably ten minutes!

Drago always brightens up my day, bopping around his tank every day and just making me smile. To those who say fish aren't pets, I challenge them to watch Drago for five minutes and not find themselves getting attached. ;)
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #17 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
I love hearing about everyone's bettas! I'll admit, I want to brag a little bit about my own betta~

Drago is a hilarious little dude, and I'm learning more about him every day. He is a very relaxed fish, but he gets pretty excited at feeding time. When he notices my fingers in the feed slot at the top of the tank, he spreads his fins out and gets all excited watching my hand. One of these days I feel like he might end up jumping at my fingers, silly little guy! And I have seen him sleep in the cutest places. He has one little spot he's found between the leaves of one of his plants where he is almost completely hidden from my view. The first time he found it, I couldn't find him for probably ten minutes!

Drago always brightens up my day, bopping around his tank every day and just making me smile. To those who say fish aren't pets, I challenge them to watch Drago for five minutes and not find themselves getting attached. ;)
I know what you mean!! Fish are pets. We take care of them and love them. They have character so they brighten our days! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyTooth View Post
I love these kinds of topics, they make my day just that little bit brighter!

Kaze is a very mellow fish, the only time he considers flaring (and half heartedly I would add) is when I do the positively atrocious deed of placing my finger flush up against the glass of his side of the aquarium! The dirty look he gives me is hilarious and he puffs his gills up very, very slightly... not enough to be threatening. He's a very sweet fish and isn't afraid to nom at the glass when he sees me, as well as "snuggling" up against the moss pads I've attached to the divider. He's such a gentle soul. I look forward to rescaping his side of the aquarium next week, if nothing else he's earned it and I'm sure he'll love what I've got prepared.

He was the first animal I took into my care and have cared for almost independantly, with the exception of needing help with water changes. When I'm having a bad day with my medical condition or just a general bad day as we all have he is there and wiggles his socks off at the slightest hint of seeing me or my feet (the tank is at the end of my bed).

Echo is a little firecracker. When I first purchased him he was the friendliest little fish in the world, swam right over to me and started wiggling at the store. Since learning more about him I honestly think of him like a teenage boy who is constantly trying to show off for his friends. He's always flaring at something and parading around with his fins all puffed out - he's an absolutely stunning animal. I don't think he's stressed, he just seems to be a bit of a grump. I'll be rearranging his side of the aquarium once I've recovered from doing Kaze's and I hope that lets him know he can relax a little.

He too likes to swim over when he sees my feet... then flares. He also likes to size up my cat and flare, parade and puff up as much as he can whenever this giant furball with no meow comes over to say hello or sits and chills at the end of my bed watching these bizarre, brightly coloured scales of insanity.
Your fish really has character! Kaze is like the opposite of Lebron. :D Lebron always flares at everything and is always up for some threats. ^^" Echo must really be a nice fish. Kinda like mine.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #18 
Freyja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Remember, no cuss words!! She must be pretty feisty. Does that mean you are, too? I mean you said that your personalities mesh well.
Sorry
Yes to an extent. She seems like the kind of girl who wont take any poo from anybody. I have heard people describe me the way I describe Freyja mainly because I am a wallflower who will get a feel for a room and study everybody instead of being the life of the party. Also if I dont like you Im not going to be hypocritical and make nice with you. So yes we mesh well
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #19 
LebronTheBetta
Member
 
LebronTheBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Sorry
Yes to an extent. She seems like the kind of girl who wont take any poo from anybody. I have heard people describe me the way I describe Freyja mainly because I am a wallflower who will get a feel for a room and study everybody instead of being the life of the party. Also if I dont like you Im not going to be hypocritical and make nice with you. So yes we mesh well
No, it's OK. It's great you found a fish that matches with you, too! Lebron is pretty aggressive and I'm pretty hot headed when I have no patience at all.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #20 
Freyja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
There's a reason a particular fish calls to you.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One of the more special betta tank mates Bladezero Finless Friends 19 06-26-2012 02:44 PM
Special VT Betta :D anbu Betta Pictures 1 06-08-2011 04:26 AM
Super young betta, any special care needs? nomoretickets Betta Fish Care 22 11-21-2010 08:07 PM
Betta Special at Walmart InsideTheBurg Betta Pictures 8 10-10-2009 01:43 PM
This is a fun thread - tell a special story about your betta or bettas JamieTron Betta Fish Care 1 09-18-2009 11:41 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.