Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #21 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Perseus is special because my daughter got him for me for Mothers Day cause she knew I have always loved fish and when we went out for dinner I was watching the Koi in the pond they had outside and she said Mom you need a fish..Yep I did cause I love this little guy. He is so much fun to watch as he plays Ninja Betta hiding in his plants or cave and then swimming out as fast as he can ready to kick some fish butt..lol He is alone in his tank so I dont know what he is after but I just laugh and laugh at him ! I also really love that he has lipstick on as his lips are a shade lighter then the blue on his body. The first time I saw him jump it was seeing your child take his first steps I was so excited ! Now that I have a live floating plant he sleeps in it and loves it but at first he attacked it biting at it and circling it like a shark..lololololol He is a special little guy for sure !!!!!

Oh and I almost forgot he also knows his name and will come over to my side of the tank when I call him. The reason for his name is cause my daughter teaches Latin and I wanted Greek myth name and Perseus suits him just fine as he is not scared of anything, a very brave and smart little guy.

Last edited by Perseusmom; 07-27-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #22 
cjz96

Orpheus and The Maestro are special little guys. They live in my music room and watch me practice all the time. They let me know if I hit a wrong note by flaring and destroying their bubble nests. The Maestro loves symphonies from the romantic period and solo works for the flute. Orpheus prefers John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, and Herbie Hancock. :)
cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #23 
Rosska

EJ is special because he's sassy. He puts the fight in 'fighting fish'. He has this angry little expression all the time, as if to say "Put your finger in here. I dare you.". Whenever I feed him by hand, he'll go straight in to bite my fingers before he even nibbles on the food. And it's not even playful nipping. He grabs on, then twists and flails as if he's trying to maul me. Despite him being angry and sassy, he's also cute and adorable. The first thing I do when I wake up is wave at my tank and say "Mornin' EJ" and he zooms up to the glass and wiggles around excitedly.

The first time I saw him he was in the tank next to all the female fighters. He was displaying like "Heyyy, ladies ;3". Then he saw me and he was all, "Who are you supposed to be :I", but I knew I had to take him home. He has a real attitude, and he's grumpy as anything, but I couldn't have a better fish~
Rosska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #24 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosska View Post
EJ is special because he's sassy. He puts the fight in 'fighting fish'. He has this angry little expression all the time, as if to say "Put your finger in here. I dare you.". Whenever I feed him by hand, he'll go straight in to bite my fingers before he even nibbles on the food. And it's not even playful nipping. He grabs on, then twists and flails as if he's trying to maul me. Despite him being angry and sassy, he's also cute and adorable. The first thing I do when I wake up is wave at my tank and say "Mornin' EJ" and he zooms up to the glass and wiggles around excitedly.

The first time I saw him he was in the tank next to all the female fighters. He was displaying like "Heyyy, ladies ;3". Then he saw me and he was all, "Who are you supposed to be :I", but I knew I had to take him home. He has a real attitude, and he's grumpy as anything, but I couldn't have a better fish~
Aww... He must really like ladies! :3 He must be one of those Bettas that are like "Take 1 more step and I'll bite your finger and never let go!!". I like aggressive ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz96 View Post
Orpheus and The Maestro are special little guys. They live in my music room and watch me practice all the time. They let me know if I hit a wrong note by flaring and destroying their bubble nests. The Maestro loves symphonies from the romantic period and solo works for the flute. Orpheus prefers John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, and Herbie Hancock. :)
They listen to music? That's awesome! Well, maybe they can sense the vibrations that music causes. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
Perseus is special because my daughter got him for me for Mothers Day cause she knew I have always loved fish and when we went out for dinner I was watching the Koi in the pond they had outside and she said Mom you need a fish..Yep I did cause I love this little guy. He is so much fun to watch as he plays Ninja Betta hiding in his plants or cave and then swimming out as fast as he can ready to kick some fish butt..lol He is alone in his tank so I dont know what he is after but I just laugh and laugh at him ! I also really love that he has lipstick on as his lips are a shade lighter then the blue on his body. The first time I saw him jump it was seeing your child take his first steps I was so excited ! Now that I have a live floating plant he sleeps in it and loves it but at first he attacked it biting at it and circling it like a shark..lololololol He is a special little guy for sure !!!!!

Oh and I almost forgot he also knows his name and will come over to my side of the tank when I call him. The reason for his name is cause my daughter teaches Latin and I wanted Greek myth name and Perseus suits him just fine as he is not scared of anything, a very brave and smart little guy.
Good thing your daughter picked out Perseus! I guess it was meant to be! ^^ It's great that you finally have a fish! A Betta to be exact. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
There's a reason a particular fish calls to you.
I know! I guess it's just fate. :)
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #25 
lelei

@CJz I was reading that one, wow..Interesting.. I remember when Our Sammy would watch my daughter play her wii dance and she (my daughter) gets into it, music gets loud, and Sammy, would just bob in the water like he was imitating her..too hysterical..lol:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #26 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
There's a reason a particular fish calls to you.
I agree on that. When my father brought Piou over we bonded almost immediately.

That fish likes hide and seek. When i stand by his tank and not try to make him follow my finger he gets to hide inside of a ship until i start searching for him. Then up he comes to the glass looking me like he won a contest! And when i nap at the couch next to his tank he comes by floating there as if to guard me!

He also has a snob and superior face. I swear every-time I look at him, he thinks: What are you looking at? First time you see a fish?

I started yesterday to place my finger in the tank. He comes and flares and circles it like a predator for a few seconds. He then leaves and goes about his business with a smug look: 'Well no food this time...Why do i bother?'
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #27 
RainbowSocks

Iv is a pig. He would eat until he exploded! LOL

But, he's also ridiculously active. For the first 2 weeks he was in his 10 gallon, all of his pictures turned out as red blurs because he was zooming around! He's curious, too--I once put a bird toy in his tank and he spent a good 3 hours checking it out.

He only flares at his reflection, whether it be in the glass or a mirror. The first time I put a betta mirror IN his tank, he got so flustered he pooped. XD
RainbowSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #28 
LebronTheBetta

He pooped? Haha There was a piece of poop on Lebron's anal fin and I made him flare so much it fell off. Lol :D
Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #29 
jenniijennii309

Mine is named Freddy (I didnt name him) n hes probably the most friendly fish you could meet I mean you lean your head next to the tank he will swim out of his cage and come by u
jenniijennii309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #30 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniijennii309 View Post
Mine is named Freddy (I didnt name him) n hes probably the most friendly fish you could meet I mean you lean your head next to the tank he will swim out of his cage and come by u
Aw... That's cute. Lebron always comes out when I'm in the kitchen. His tank is in the kitchen so...