Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 12:35 PM   #41 
Pilot00

Dont you just love how intelligent they are?
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #42 
LebronTheBetta

Yup. They're not AS intelligent such as a dog, but they are. ^^ Mine sheds after a 100% water change. :0
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #43 
deso

Yes! in my opinion, they have the most personality and intelligence out of all the freshwater aquarium fish species. The next person who says that they're "dumb decorative creatures" will get a slap from me.

(and Pilot00, I just noticed, you're a fellow EU person! It's nice to finally see another here!)
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #44 
Pilot00

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
(and Pilot00, I just noticed, you're a fellow EU person! It's nice to finally see another here!)
If I maybe sarcastic (to me and my fellow countrymen) i dont know for how much longer ;).

So let me remember some of the French i learned in my youth.

Ravi de vous rencontrer mon ami!

BTW the betta in your avatar is splendid!
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #45 
weaver72

My betta weaver is a amazing,he is my first betta and he loves to jump and hit my finger,goes crazy when its dinner time and goe thru his hoop when he is showing off!he always greets me and does his wiggle dance and loves hanging out on his leaf hamick!My L.B. short for little bit is a rescue red vt and when i brought him home he was on his death bed and now he is looking so much better,I swear too he knows I saved him just moved him to a bigger tank and he thanks me more!I love all My betta's-sentel mental lady,gideon,mercey,wally blue and fernado!
weaver72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #46 
LebronTheBetta

WOW! You have a lot of Bettas! And I thank you for rescuing L.B. ;)
Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #47 
gn3ranger

Never mind about Phillip a few days ago he got crazy territorial he is now divided with plastic mesh.
gn3ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #48 
AquaKai

Hmm... My baby Fitzwilliam was one that my mom got me about 3 or 4 years ago as a "surprise" gift with a fish bowl. TBH, I didn't like him at first. I didn't name him, and I didn't like his colors and was a VT, plus my sister got the multi colored CT. But over the years he's out lived every other betta I've had. He's been from a 1g tank to a 2.6g to a 55g to a 2.5 g to an 8g where he now resides alone in his older age. He's lived through high ammonia levels, careless care taking, moves, and much much more! I just love how he thinks he's regal. He'll swim by when I'm at my desk almost like saying 'look at me! I'm beautiful and you love me!'. He hunts down his pellets and swims through brine shrimp. He's my baby and that's what makes him special!
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #49 
LebronTheBetta

Awww... That's cute. All animals are special. Whether a shrimp or a Betta. ^^ Sorry about your past Bettas. He's been through so much.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #50 
lelei

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Yes! in my opinion, they have the most personality and intelligence out of all the freshwater aquarium fish species. The next person who says that they're "dumb decorative creatures" will get a slap from me.

Ditto on that Deso~I have been educating peple left and right by sharing my fushys stories of how funny and cute they are..and very smart..and I got 3 people alredy convinced that bettas must be amazing fish..and know what it takes to make it happen!!
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote